• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    My daughter is going to start this Monday at a 4H shotgun club and I want to know the thoughts from people hear before I ask the instructors. I want to know what shotgun would you buy your kids to enter into 4H competitions? Any information is helpful.
    Hurley's Gold

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    If at all possible, I'd suggest you get as many different models as possible in her hands and then let her fire as many different ones as you can.

Sometimes what we think would be best for them ends up being opposite of what they really like.

Maybe the local 4h folks would let her pump a through rounds through their set ups?

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Yea.
    Wait for the coaches. They have a few she can try and likely you won't need to buy anything.

Last edited:

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    My daughter is going to start this Monday at a 4H shotgun club and I want to know the thoughts from people hear before I ask the instructors. I want to know what shotgun would you buy your kids to enter into 4H competitions? Any information is helpful.

I don't know what 4H entails but beyond what the instructors tell you, I'd say above all else, one that fits.

https://www.americanhunter.org/articles/2010/9/22/how-to-achieve-perfect-shotgun-fit/

If the unloaded gun has the recoil pad in the crook of her elbow and this let's the trigger touch the middle of the first pad on her trigger finger, it's "pretty close. Nothing is worse for an instructor or student is having a gun that doesn't fit the person trying to learn.

Last edited:

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    You need to wait for the coaches to let her try different ones during practice... It will come together.

Top Bottom