• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RobsterCraw

Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0
    Apr 4, 2012
    Austin
    Anyone have any experience with these clones ? I'm hearing the my are made on HK machines and tooling. Indications are that HK also provided them with specs and factory tecs to produce the roller lock platform. I'm on the fence as to whether pick one up or go with the SP5K. I can get the MKE Z5RS for $1510 OTD, where the SP5K is about $2200. I'm also not happy about the HK not having the paddle or being suppressor ready. Thoughts?
    Hurley's Gold

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Ever see the prices on an old H&K SP89 that's been upgraded to MP5K? I bought a SP89 back in the day for under $1K. Sent it off for upgrading was $1100.00 IIRC. The registered sear was crazy money @ the time too. Now all together it has more then doubled in value. I say get if you want a paddle release & threaded barrel find an old SP89 that someone has upgraded and SBRed & divorced the registered sear from.

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I was looking at going the same route, MKE or POF. You can always wait for the POF's to restock, they seem to be a little cheaper.
    I lucked upon a new MP5k clone this Tuesday and waiting it's arrival, 3 lug suppressor ready too.

The sp89 are collectors in their price range and limited availability. I'd skip the factory route and get a licensed copy if I were you. The MKE's seem to have a better finish, quality control and support.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I have a Post 86 DS Zenith Z5 with a round count of 3500.......Zero malfunctions, zero complaints. I am very pleased with Zenith quality....jmho..

Mine has the three lug and threaded 1/2X28, btw...

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom