ARJ Defense ad

Zero guns allowed at work!!! What are your options??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Well I know/ knew two guys who attempted to carry at work. A truck driver snitched and they went to jail. Lost their guns, gun rights as well as their jobs in the industry...

Location, industry, and charges convicted of?

If your employer is USPS (or any other federal job, TBH) that can be a consequence. Mom & pop muffler shop, not so much unless there’s more to ths story.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Know the consequences of your actions. Whining about it later will unlikely mitigate the punishment. Although the press may love it.....

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    the VP explained that I was the internal rapid response team leader for all emergencies in that facility and it wouldn't be beneficial for everyone to know how we would respond. I was stunned to hear we had such a team, even more so that I was even on it.
    That's beautiful. :)

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Location, industry, and charges convicted of?

If your employer is USPS (or any other federal job, TBH) that can be a consequence. Mom & pop muffler shop, not so much unless there’s more to ths story.
    Worlds second largest cold storage and logistics company. There is noway to get the full story from a fortune 500 company. All upper personnel are ass kissers. It's true it happened and that's that. When you are hired you sign your life away and the contracts clearly state. Firearms are not allowed on company property or vehicles and you Will be prosecuted to the fullest and terminated if caught. Some people just don't read everything or have reading comprehension. Whichever!

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    0AA83DBC-E743-4953-8B2B-64DA29B9D416.jpeg

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Worlds second largest cold storage and logistics company. There is noway to get the full story from a fortune 500 company. All upper personnel are ass kissers. It's true it happened and that's that. When you are hired you sign your life away and the contracts clearly state. Firearms are not allowed on company property or vehicles and you Will be prosecuted to the fullest and terminated if caught. Some people just don't read everything or have reading comprehension. Whichever!
    In Texas employers are forbidden by law from prohibiting guns in personal vehicles on company property except for specifically named industries

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Well I know/ knew two guys who attempted to carry at work. A truck driver snitched and they went to jail. Lost their guns, gun rights as well as their jobs in the industry. Shocking I know I had my gun in my truck like all was cool. But I knew the rules No guns on premises. For the next two years all vehicles were checked at security entrance they caught one more. Don't know what happened to her other than she lost her job.

I believe they can exclude that with the private property rule.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I have been known to be driving to work, be a block away, and see that parking garage entrance traffic is backed up because there are a bunch of Federal Protective Service vehicles present and "spot checks" are being conducted.

I'd drive on by and call in sick or late, depending on whether or not I had anything important hanging over my head at the office that day.

Otherwise, guns stayed in the car.

My experience is that situational awareness becomes even more important when I know I'm breaking the rules.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    IMO, there are still a lot of gray areas regarding this subject in relation to the state laws, and company policies. Also I don't believe there is a one answerr that fits or suits everyone or all situations either. I think everyone has to make their own decisions to balance the law and company policies for themselves as it pertains to their unique circumstances.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Nothing is going to change until these companies start losing lawsuits for inadequately protecting their employees after a mass murder. And those suing can't win unless they have a bankroll that can match those companies. If these 2A organizations want to make some headway on civil rights, they should take up some of these cases.

As for the legal restrictions..... every employee of Uvalde ISD should sue the district, TEA, and the Governor's Office for enforcement of the GFZ School law. Make it public knowledge that the only thing a school employee can defend your child with is harsh language and a stapler......unless you're an administrator who can cherry-pick your buddies to be "Guardians".....

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    …When you are hired you sign your life away…

No. Private employer codes of conduct, internal policies, etc., do not carry the force of law.

Sec. 52.061. RESTRICTION ON PROHIBITING EMPLOYEE ACCESS TO OR STORAGE OF FIREARM OR AMMUNITION. A public or private employer may not prohibit an employee who holds a license to carry a handgun under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, who otherwise lawfully possesses a firearm, or who lawfully possesses ammunition from transporting or storing a firearm or ammunition the employee is authorized by law to possess in a locked, privately owned motor vehicle in a parking lot, parking garage, or other parking area the employer provides for employees.

Added by Acts 2011, 82nd Leg., R.S., Ch. 1058 (S.B. 321), Sec. 1, eff. September 1, 2011.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Our work situation was bizarre.

No guns allowed was in the employee handbook, but the property had zero signage against any visitors carrying inside.

Not uncommon at all. We are zero weapons in employee handbook and our private facilities are .06/.06/.07 posted.

Our financial services and banking facilities that are open to the public has zero signage and that was an intentional decision.

Top Bottom