DK Firearms

Zero guns allowed at work!!! What are your options??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    When I worked in prison no one was allowed to carry a gun in there. No one in their right would have wanted one guy with a gun surrounded by nearly 200 convicted felons.
    Guns International

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    unfortunately the one building left at my work that we actually go into rarely has a legit 30.06 sign on it. The others don't and I assume it's because once in a blue moon Michael Dell is actually in the building so they made sure that one was right.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I think just about every job I have ever worked had a policy against carrying. It came down to what do I value the most, my life or potentially losing my job.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I think just about every job I have ever worked had a policy against carrying. It came down to what do I value the most, my life or potentially losing my job.

These are choices each person will need to make for themselves as to what is best suited to them.

I wouldn't even presume to even try and advise anyone as to what they should or shouldn't do in such a situation.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    These are choices each person will need to make for themselves as to what is best suited to them.

I wouldn't even presume to even try and advise anyone as to what they should or shouldn't do in such a situation.
    Yup

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Working in a prison reminds me of the Nietzsche quote: "And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee"

There's not enough pay in the world for me to have ever worked in a prison.

It's got to be soul destroying - yeah, the prisoners are doing time and so are you right along with them if you work there...shudder!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Working in a prison reminds me of the Nietzsche quote: "And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee"

There's not enough pay in the world for me to have ever worked in a prison.

It's got to be soul destroying - yeah, the prisoners are doing time and so are you right along with them if you work there...shudder!
    The politics and drama ain't worth the money.

BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    My observations and experiences, most prison guards are not exactly on the higher levels of the food chain to begin with. They tend to get much worse the longer they are on the job.
    Yup, that's why I eventually quit.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Have a job where carrying is a requirement or you're the boss? Worked for me.

I'll leave it there due to a promise not to address a specific brand of.....well I promised not to so. That said not all info posted is representative of real live everywhere.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I worked for several companies in the past that even guns were prohibited in your personal vehicle if it was on company property. I have always carried a firearm in my vehicles, and my vehicles were always locked. I also didn't talk about the fact that I carried. The less people knew, the better. Too many people talk about things they should keep their mouths shut about.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    1660500241334.png

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Reminds me of a coworker a long time ago. There were 4 or 5 of us going to lunch. He was driving and I was shotgun. I don't even remember what we were talking about. At some point he was wanting to get something off his chest. He says something like, y'all really can't tell anyone about this. I look at him and say, if you really don't want anyone to find out you shouldn't tell us. He thought about it for a minute and he kept his mouth shut. The other guys in the truck were kind of ticked at me cuz they wanted to know the secret lol.

Guardian3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2022
    Austin, Texas
    I worked for the feds for 12 years and we could not have a firearm in our vehicle on federal property. You risk immediate termination and a felony charge for a violation. Of course, we had armed security on site at work but that did nothing for you on your drive home or stopping at a store after work. I wrote one of my Senators to ask for an allowance for LTC holders but he was too chicken to sponsor a change in the law.

Top Bottom