• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Boston, MA
    Sure liked prospect E81......wonder if there is any chance she will make it.

Keep in mind the State has 10 peremptory challenges (as does the defense) they can use to exclude a prospective juror without having to state any cause whatever.

I expect E81 will get one of those with a ribbon tied around it.

Andrew
    @LawSelfDefense

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Far more disturbing, however, was prospective juror E7, who may have attempted to perpetuate a despicable fraud upon the Court in an effort to destroy the integrity of the jury.
    Is this really that surprising? There are people like "E7" all over the place that will hide their true intentions to get what they want. We wouldn't need courts or lawyers if people like that guy didn't exist... Good on the defense team and judge for figuring him out.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Keep in mind the State has 10 peremptory challenges (as does the defense) they can use to exclude a prospective juror without having to state any cause whatever.

I expect E81 will get one of those with a ribbon tied around it.

Andrew
    @LawSelfDefense

Understood, that is why I stated I wondered if there was any chance she would make it & I agree (and laughed)
    at your blue ribbon comment.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Boston, MA
    Is this really that surprising? There are people like "E7" all over the place that will hide their true intentions to get what they want. We wouldn't need courts or lawyers if people like that guy didn't exist... Good on the defense team and judge for figuring him out.

It would be nice to see him prosecuted for perjury. Or, as in my experience most judges would have done, at the very least held in criminal contempt and locked up until such time as the Judge's temper cooled down.

Andrew
    @LawSelfDefense

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Boston, MA
    Zimmerman Jury Selection -- Day Four Wrap-Up

Hey folks,

I just posted up the wrap-up for day four of jury selection in the Zimmerman case.

There were two notable events of the day.

The first was Judge Nelson's decision to sequester the jury for the duration of the trial. This decision clearly caught some of the prospective jurors off guard, creating considerable hardship for more than a few. On the other hand, several jurors had expressed concerns about their safety if their anonymity was not preserved, one that she would feel like she had a bulls-eye on her back.

On a practical note, it's unclear to me how they truly expect to remain anonymous. From the national public, sure. But nobody can realistically disappear from family and work for a two to four weeks without explaining what's up. It would seem the fact that they were a juror would inevitably get out--but maybe not until after the burning was over.

The second notable event was the questioning of E81. She looked de la Rionda straight in the eye and said she believed that Zimmerman should just go home, and that he had acted in defense of himself. When asked if he was going to have to perform "magic" to get her to change her mind she essentially told him he'd just have to do his job--work hard to convince her otherwise. (He acknowledged that the burden of proof was, indeed, on the State.)

She knew a great deal about the case. She recalled seeing the picture from Trayvon's phone of the mairjuana, and that he had gotten into trouble a few times. She had seen video of him refereeing a street fight, for sport, and believed that he was training to be a street fighter. She thought he might have been looking for a reason to fight that evening, that Trayvon became aware that he was under observation by Martin and that Trayvon had been the aggressor in the conflict.

A firm believer in gun rights and CCW, E81 said that the more guns there were out there in the hands of law abiding people, the safer it was. SHe believed that everyone who was not a felon or mentally unsound should be allowed to carry a gun.

There's more on this wonderful young woman, but you'll have to click over to the full wrap-up report, right here at Legal Insurrection, to read the rest.

Tomorrow we do another full day of live stream, all-day coverage of day two of jury selection. Be sure to join us.

Best,

Andrew
    @LawSelfDefense

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Thanks for your updates here Andrew. I don't have the time or interest to follow this that closely, but your quick run downs so far combined with radio news reports is keeping me enough up to date.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Ohhhhh you had my attention and then told me gotta go to the other site for the rest of the story! Lol

Maybe tmorrow. Kinda busy right now multi tasking. Gotta get back to my gun and show.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Ohhhhh you had my attention and then told me gotta go to the other site for the rest of the story! Lol

That's not really fair, no reason to post everything twice.
    If you want short & sweet, here it is, if you want more, go to the other site.
    Thanks for all the effort Andrew.

Top Bottom