• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I finished welding on a porch cover framework today. Just framework, so no shade. I set my pace and kept going.
    If it had been cold, I'd have caught fire in winter clothing.
    I just do better in the heat.
    Maybe I don't do a lot somedays, but cold weather drives me indoors.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I finished welding on a porch cover framework today. Just framework, so no shade. I set my pace and kept going.
    If it had been cold, I'd have caught fire in winter clothing.
    I just do better in the heat.
    Maybe I don't do a lot somedays, but cold weather drives me indoors.

Take up blacksmithing. You'll learn to love colder weather and dread August.

Then again, I've hated hot weather a lot longer than I've had a forge...

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I can only put so many warm clothes on when it is cold until they become dangerous because they impede movement. In some of the jobs I have had, that could cost me body parts or my life. I'll take warm days over cold anytime. We only got AC in our house about 8-10 years ago. Wife still complains it's hot, I sleep with a quilt on.
    I hate cold. When I worked outside in the heat and sun every day, I didn't have much problem. A cabinet shop in a concrete building that would routinely hit 120°-130°, no problem. I barely broke a sweat. At night at home with a fan on, I was cold at 90°. Slept with a quilt. If I went anywhere that AC, I kept a jacket in the car. Without it I was shivering at 80°-85°.
    Even now, after working indoors for 20 years, at 60 I am wearing insulated undies. If the wind is blowing, with a coat on. Below that I am putting on insulated bibs as well.

I am not an Eskimo.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I am not an Eskimo.

No, you are some sort of madman...

When I'm working in my shop in the summer time, if I'm forging I'll last about an hour, going through four bottles of water in the process. Today it hit 90° but it was so damn humid after three hours of working with the file on Glen's knife I looked like I had been sprayed down with a water hose. My shirt was completely soaked. The shop is a wood building with really good cross ventilation...but no AC and only a small fan (when I run power out to it...which I didn't need to do today).

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I notice I'm handling the heat a lot better now that I'm lighter.

Also, my gym has a large backyard with lots of equipment. Basically, anything that can survive in the weather is available both inside and out. Roughly half my workout is always outdoors, mostly because that's the only place where the rules allow patrons to be barefoot and I always prefer to work out barefoot. When it gets into deep summer, I'm either going to learn to tolerate the heat better than I have in decades or I'm going to crash and burn spectacularly. We shall see but I'm reasonably hopeful for the former alternative. :)

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I notice I'm handling the heat a lot better now that I'm lighter.

Also, my gym has a large backyard with lots of equipment. Basically, anything that can survive in the weather is available both inside and out. Roughly half my workout is always outdoors, mostly because that's the only place where the rules allow patrons to be barefoot and I always prefer to work out barefoot. When it gets into deep summer, I'm either going to learn to tolerate the heat better than I have in decades or I'm going to crash and burn spectacularly. We shall see but I'm reasonably hopeful for the former alternative. :)

LOL I started hating summer's heat when I was 18 and weighed 145lb...

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    No, you are some sort of madman...

When I'm working in my shop in the summer time, if I'm forging I'll last about an hour, going through four bottles of water in the process. Today it hit 90° but it was so damn humid after three hours of working with the file on Glen's knife I looked like I had been sprayed down with a water hose. My shirt was completely soaked. The shop is a wood building with really good cross ventilation...but no AC and only a small fan (when I run power out to it...which I didn't need to do today).
    I never claimed to be sane.
    I have worked in 130° temps, on top of a mobile home in the sun while 105°, rarely turned on the car AC last summer when the temp at the house was 115°...
    All while drinking hot coffee.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Cool 'Horn Luke

Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2022
    Corsicana, TX
    Good morning everyone! First trip is in progress.

20240507_134115.jpg

Top Bottom