• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    But to calm things down, FWIW, I'm thinking of supplementing my hi dollar aids with a pair of OTC as backup, for those times when the hi $ aid is in the shop getting repaired (not very reliable IMHO).

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    <>

Please give us basic details of just how it works. I’m completely unfamiliar with this.

<>
    I'm going to assume y'all have a working knowledge of Bluetooth paired devices, so I'll skip that.
    So, in a nutshell, once the hearing aids are on and the app is open, you have the volume control and a choice of environment scenarios to choose from.
    "Normal" is what you'd expect. You get volume control and a "focused speaker" option or just normal amplification tailored to the frequency range that the hearing tests showed your worst losses at.

"Restaurant" mode will dampen background/clatter and chatter and bring clarity to sounds and voices closer to your proximity. Again, there's a "focused speaker " option.
    This just works by ignoring sounds from behind you and amplifying the sounds from directly where you are facing.

My audiologist also programmed a default setting on my set that will automatically shut off when anything loud enough to cause further damage occurs. Example, I forget to put on hearing protection at a live range. The hearing aids clamp down anytime a round is fired.
    It's not hearing protection, but it will not amplify a gunshot sound. Or a hammer blow on an anvil, etc......

I'm not sure how this could be selected on the fly without a handheld controller or an app on the phone I'm carrying anyway. It'd be worse than texting on a flip phone, without a screen.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I'm going to assume y'all have a working knowledge of Bluetooth paired devices, so I'll skip that.
    So, in a nutshell, once the hearing aids are on and the app is open, you have the volume control and a choice of environment scenarios to choose from.
    "Normal" is what you'd expect. You get volume control and a "focused speaker" option or just normal amplification tailored to the frequency range that the hearing tests showed your worst losses at.

"Restaurant" mode will dampen background/clatter and chatter and bring clarity to sounds and voices closer to your proximity. Again, there's a "focused speaker " option.
    This just works by ignoring sounds from behind you and amplifying the sounds from directly where you are facing.

My audiologist also programmed a default setting on my set that will automatically shut off when anything loud enough to cause further damage occurs. Example, I forget to put on hearing protection at a live range. The hearing aids clamp down anytime a round is fired.
    It's not hearing protection, but it will not amplify a gunshot sound. Or a hammer blow on an anvil, etc......

I'm not sure how this could be selected on the fly without a handheld controller or an app on the phone I'm carrying anyway. It'd be worse than texting on a flip phone, without a screen.
    Thanks !

OK, but does the audio come from the phone’s speaker ?

Or does it work with a bluetooth headset ?

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    They do enhance sound, something as simple as putting a pair of glasses on the table, the sqeek of a chair. I do like them for watching TV. I'm thinking the more expensive might be better but so far I'm liking the inexpensive help. The instructions say to use them for 1-2 hours per day for a week, then 3-4 hours week two. The instructions say your ears have to adjust. 45 day return policy isn't bad. Main use for me is TV, too many times I have to replay something to hear it or turn on captions. For $99 I'm going to give it a fair shot, along with my new prescription glasses I'm good for what another year? Next is cataract surgery to clear up blurry vision.
    After using them for 2 hours a day for a week I've found they do work good for watching TV. Although while watching TV if my wife says something I still have to look at her and say "what". Some sounds are extra loud like closing a door or putting something on the table but her voice is low. Of course the TV is turned up for her. They work really well when she goes to bed I can set TV volume down and hear real well. Week two they suggest using them for 4 hours a day, still getting adjusted for my ears.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I had new tests and now I am going to have a Cocklear devise installed
    in my left ear as it is dead to voices .
    the right still works ok with a hearing aid so will hold off on doing that one.
    The aids I have are from Miracle Ear and have worked good for me until now.
    My Aunt had implants and my Mom used Miracle Ear.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom