• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChisholmTrail

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2023
    Texas
    Anyone with experience with the 10mm pistols on the market today? Anywhere for 1911's to Springfield XD Elite or Smith & Wesson M&P 2. Just looking for thoughts as to effectiveness, accuracy and reliability.
    Texas SOT

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Anyone with experience with the 10mm pistols on the market today? Anywhere for 1911's to Springfield XD Elite or Smith & Wesson M&P 2. Just looking for thoughts as to effectiveness, accuracy and reliability.

I’ve had several over the last few years.

Kimber 1911 Long slide - decent gun. Heavy. Shot well. Magazine picky.

Kimber 1911 Camp Guard - decent tun. Heavy. Accurate. Super picky on mags. Ran fine with Colt or Wilson mags. Didn’t like Kimber mags.
    Note on this one: the recoil spring was super strong. It was down right dangerous trying to reassemble the thing. One slip and the recoil spring plug would take out an eye.

Glock 20SF - garbage. Light primer strikes/fail to fire issues. Tried everything. New springs, firing pin, extractor, even a new aftermarket barrel. Nothing worked. I practically gave the turd away just to be rid of the vile thing.

Ruger GP-100 revolver. Pretty good gun actually. Used moon clips. Allowed the use of .40 S&W ammo as well as 10mm. Get the six inch barreled gun.
    I had the 3” barrel.

S&W M&P 10mm. Good gun. Lighter weight made it really snappy on recoil. My wrist would hurt after shooting it. A mag or two and I was ready to put it down.

ChisholmTrail

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2023
    Texas

Kimber 1911 Camp Guard - decent tun. Heavy. Accurate. Super picky on mags. Ran fine with Colt or Wilson mags. Didn’t like Kimber mags.
    Note on this one: the recoil spring was super strong. It was down right dangerous trying to reassemble the thing. One slip and the recoil spring plug would take out an eye.

Glock 20SF - garbage. Light primer strikes/fail to fire issues. Tried everything. New springs, firing pin, extractor, even a new aftermarket barrel. Nothing worked. I practically gave the turd away just to be rid of the vile thing.

Ruger GP-100 revolver. Pretty good gun actually. Used moon clips. Allowed the use of .40 S&W ammo as well as 10mm. Get the six inch barreled gun.
    I had the 3” barrel.

S&W M&P 10mm. Good gun. Lighter weight made it really snappy on recoil. My wrist would hurt after shooting it. A mag or two and I was ready to put it down.
    Thanks, very informative. Any particular ammo that you used or hand loads?

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    It ain't gonna be in the owner's manual or smiled upon by Smith but it'll eat 40S&W too. I had a couple boxes and it ran fine. Probably easier on the wrists as well.

Price Samdingo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2023
    Alvin, Texas

I had the 3” barrel.

Interesting info on the Glocks.

I've owned (3) G20's and a G29. Never had any issues other than 1 box of Underwood Extreme Penetrators in the G29. It eats the 220gr hardcast and 200gr fn just fine.

Never had an issue with any of the G20's...ever

100% stock other than night sights

I carry the 20 & 29 in the backcountry. Other than being heavy as hell, I love them

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    I have been carrying a Glock G20 for 5 years. It is my EDC and has been flawless.
    One of the plus sides to the G20 is that it will also fire 40 S&W for cheaper practice shooting. No modifications needed. Same magazines, same barrel.
    As far as know, the Glock 10mm are the only ones that can do this withour a conversion barrel.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    My favorite 10 mm is a DW Bruin. It's a pleasure to shoot, accurate and reliable.

My other 10 mm is a SA TRP. It is an accurate and dependable pistol although not a refined as the Bruin.
    Have a Dan Wesson Silverback. Absolutely amazing.

Glock 29 is pretty rockin’ as well.

EAA Tanfoglio while heavy, never fails to perform.

The Bond Arms derringer in 10mm is pretty neat as well.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Have a Dan Wesson Silverback. Absolutely amazing.

Glock 29 is pretty rockin’ as well.

EAA Tanfoglio while heavy, never fails to perform.

The Bond Arms derringer in 10mm is pretty neat as well.
    I'd expect the Bond Arms in 10mm to be a handful.

sparkyv

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Deepinnaheartta, Texas
    The Gluck 20 handles 10mm exceptionally well, but it's not for me, and I consider the XDM platform a notch better, except I dislike the trigger dingus on both. The XTEN is outstanding, but has magazine design issues; stay away if you shoot heavy, WFN projectiles. The S&W M610 is gold!

My experience with a 10mm lead me to the notion that it may not be the best platform for the 10mm cartridge.
    Ruger SR1911-10 bbl Damaged 200206 55.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2022
    East Texas
    I have three Glock 29’s, (two sf and one gen4’s); four Glock 20’s (Gen 3, Gen3sf; Gen4, Gen5) and two gen4 Glock 40’s (long slide 10mm’s). I have three Colt 1911 Delta Elites; one M&P 2.0; one 1076; one 1006; one Dan Wesson Bruin 1911. I love them all.

I’ve yet to ever experience an issue with any of my Glock, Colt, or Dan Wesson 10mm’s. I can’t say that about my m&P 10mm. Anything at or over 200gr hardcast bullet from Underwood, Doublstaples or Buffalo Bore and the gun won’t cycle consistently. I switched out recoil springs, but that didn’t help as it just changed the cyclic timing. I’m so disappointed with the M&P 2.0 10mm. I can’t trust it in the field on big game hunts.

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    I’ve been using a Glock 29 as my ccw of choice since 2004. It has never had a problem of any kind.

I use a 155 grain Hornady xtp & a healthy dose of power pistol to get it moving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom