• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    My wife and I, after buying all the replacement parts and letting them go unmolested for some time (spindles/pulleys/idlers and a new belt) finally got around to replacing these mower deck parts on my 50" deck Toro MX5060, 23 HP Kawasaki engine powered mower.

I bought this zero turn mower new in 2013 and with the exception of replacing a belt only, it was still all original parts...yeah, 11 years of use (500 hours) without changing out anything...well sure standard maintenance stuff like, oil, air filter, fuel filter etc., but not hardware.

Yeah, in the foreseeable future, assuming I'm still above ground, my choice of a zt mower remains...a Toro.

After replacing everything under the deck and putting it all back together, we found the belt had slipped off the spindler pulleys, but with a little ingenuity (my wife's...not me) and with a bit more grunt work, we had it refitted onto the pulleys, without having to pull deck off the mower...again.

I test mowed with it (about an hour ago) and it works like new!

PS, none of this could have been done by me as my wife, is the mechanic. (ok, she's an engineer among other talents)
    Lynx Defense

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Older mowers seem to run forever if well maintained..............I'm still running a 2001 Craftsman LT 1000 42 in. bought new..........I have replaced some parts from simply wearing out, though.............

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Older mowers seem to run forever if well maintained..............I'm still running a 2001 Craftsman LT 1000 42 in. bought new..........I have replaced some parts from simply wearing out, though.............
    Yep! My Honda mower is a 1991.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Grendor
    Top Bottom