• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RedRobin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2022
    Katy
    Am I the last one to learn what I just found out 2 days ago, that 18-20 year olds can now have a LTC or permitless/constitutional carry? It's
    probably been discussed on here at length and I had my head in the sand somewhere. I never heard a word about it until I just stumbled on it while researching any changes in handgun laws for 18 year olds since another one of mine just hit that mark. I believe it said that it's been in effect since Dec. 2022 when a federal district judge in Dallas, (Trump appointee), ruled that Texas must allow it as per a strict and historical interpretation of the Constitution. Ol' "Act Ultra Conservative at the Podium But Stab Us in the Back Behind Closed Doors" Abbott, along with his attorney general, were PISSED and were preparing a case to fight it. For some reason they eventually backed down. However, the federal judge DID allow the state the OPTION to require 18-20 MUST have a LTC for public carry, and no longer extend them the liberty of permitless carry. So as of right now, 18-20 age group CAN carry permitless but the current Texas legislative session is likely to pass a law within a couple months that would take away that right and only allow them to carry with LTC. I confirmed all of that information with DPS and 2 different firearms law attorneys.
    Capitol Armory ad

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    Yes, I talked to RSD (DPS) on the phone and they confirmed that I may certify adults as young as 18 for an LTC,. despite the forms stating that the minimum age is 21.
    It will take a while to change the forms, webpage and other paperwork.

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    Yes, your head has been in the sand for some years.

Can't blame you, the court system is glacially slow, but thanks to Trump appointing masses of judges and Justices who respect the Constitution most of the time, our legal system is finally shaking off decades of crap that had been allowed to obscure the 2A.

KenJ4070

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2024
    San Antonio, TX
    Am I the last one to learn what I just found out 2 days ago, that 18-20 year olds can now have a LTC or permitless/constitutional carry? It's
    probably been discussed on here at length and I had my head in the sand somewhere. I never heard a word about it until I just stumbled on it while researching any changes in handgun laws for 18 year olds since another one of mine just hit that mark. I believe it said that it's been in effect since Dec. 2022 when a federal district judge in Dallas, (Trump appointee), ruled that Texas must allow it as per a strict and historical interpretation of the Constitution. Ol' "Act Ultra Conservative at the Podium But Stab Us in the Back Behind Closed Doors" Abbott, along with his attorney general, were PISSED and were preparing a case to fight it. For some reason they eventually backed down. However, the federal judge DID allow the state the OPTION to require 18-20 MUST have a LTC for public carry, and no longer extend them the liberty of permitless carry. So as of right now, 18-20 age group CAN carry permitless but the current Texas legislative session is likely to pass a law within a couple months that would take away that right and only allow them to carry with LTC. I confirmed all of that information with DPS and 2 different firearms law attorneys.
    Interesting! Hadn't thought about it that way

Top Bottom