• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Don't see one of these started yet - show your brag-board fishin' pix here! I'll start

Today was the first time I felt like fishing in months - I fished for little over an hour, and caught one fish, but what a way to start the year:

L3KLyHX.jpg

KvdDgwW.jpg

tGT1H1b.jpg

She was fat and football shaped and full of eggs for the impending spawn. If March is nice and warm, it'll only be a couple weeks before they're on nests and gettin busy making the next generation. This girl was already up shallow near where they tend to nest in this particular pond. Ate a big glide bait.
    Gun Zone Deals

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Got out yesterday and today for a little bit.

Yesterday I got my first topwater fish of the year - small fish, but still fun.

RX0UHTP.jpg

Today was all about swimbaits and wakebaits. Got a few fish today.

nBSZ1bB.jpg

The blood looks worse than it was - the blood was coming from his lower jaw, not the gills. Fish *should* be OK. If not, turtles will eat him anyway.

I got his smaller sibling just a little further down the bank just a couple minutes later.

1lFUU8j.jpg

Fish are tight to the banks in our ponds now - and in the shallower pond in our hood, they're already on beds.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    View attachment 374127
    Caught this beast as the creek at my place was drying up. Threw it in a small pond ont he property. Some sort of small sun fish I assume?

Yes, its a small sunfish. Also called perch in many parts of the country - though not *technically* part of the perch family, though perch themselves are considered sunfish - just as black bass (largemouth, smallmouth, spotted, redeye, and Guadalupe varieties) are actually sunfish as well. Given the irredescent gill plates and overall body markings, to me it looks like a juvenille Pumpkinseed.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Great idea for a thread. Sasquatch are you fishing on a lake at your house?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We have 4 ponds / 3 ponds and a small lake depending on what you consider a lake in our neighborhood. That's where I've done 90% of my fishing since moving here. Its literally only a 2 minute drive from my house to the closest / largest of these ponds and its full of bass, perch, and catfish + turtles. These fish came from that particular water body.

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    We have 4 ponds / 3 ponds and a small lake depending on what you consider a lake in our neighborhood. That's where I've done 90% of my fishing since moving here. Its literally only a 2 minute drive from my house to the closest / largest of these ponds and its full of bass, perch, and catfish + turtles. These fish came from that particular water body.

That set up is similar to what we have here. 2 real nice lakes about 5 minutes drive from the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Just bought a new/used boat today. I have to get the titles and such done first. 22 years old and one owner who hardly used it.

Attachments

• 01010_igVhJz7FK5s_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
      01010_igVhJz7FK5s_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
      156.5 KB · Views: 58
    • 00Q0Q_9gCrzffaaxf_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
      00Q0Q_9gCrzffaaxf_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
      211.3 KB · Views: 54
    • 00W0W_kLJ1lfpw3va_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
      00W0W_kLJ1lfpw3va_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
      161.3 KB · Views: 51
    • 00M0M_SV4hjqaQ14_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
      00M0M_SV4hjqaQ14_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
      193.5 KB · Views: 53
    • 00T0T_iFXjGnbRfEr_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
      00T0T_iFXjGnbRfEr_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
      189.6 KB · Views: 52
    • 00H0H_fXBng3QnlGJ_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
      00H0H_fXBng3QnlGJ_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
      200.6 KB · Views: 54

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Just bought a new/used boat today. I have to get the titles and such done first. 22 years old and one owner who hardly used it.

I had one of those that was 12' - great little boat.

I had a 40lb thrust Minn Kota on the back, and could run for 10 hours on a group 27 deep cycle marine battery if I was by myself, or about 7 hours with a fishin buddy, so I carried a spare.

I really like how yours has the folding seats - makes sitting for long periods so much better on the low back and the butt cheeks. It looks like yours has the same flat bow deck I mentioned too, sans carpet. I like the rod organizer on yours, and it looks like yours is likewise already outfitted for sonar.

Great little lake boat you got there. Fish catching machines for sure!

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Anyone fish lately?

Big baits, hunting bigger bass is where I'm headed for the last couple years. I got some new ones in - still trying to beat my 7lb pb. Biggest bass to come out of our neighborhood pond / lake is 13lb, just 2lb or so shy of Lake Conroe's lake-record bass.

I scored these on eBay for 1/3 the retail cost:

khKM99E.jpg

waEv5nY.jpg

Udz74CS.jpg

6COqBRI.jpg

The rat bait is the first lure I've given a name too, that I can remember. I'm calling it / him Bartholomew. I was really itching to get out, as the thunder storms of the last few days have me all stir crazy. It wasn't lightning / thundering yesterday, and I had 45 minutes before I had to start getting ready for work. I headed up to the pond to give Bartholomew a toss:

MkubeHn.jpg

2.5 lb lil chubby - not a big fish (a few years ago I would've called it a big fish) but a good fish none the less. She hammered Bart as I slow crawled it along a weed edge. I missed two other fish that were obviously larger - I think they bit the tail, and missed the trebles. I looove fishing wake baits because the eat is like watching a toilet flush - the water just disappears for a minute when a big bass sucks a big bait off the surface.

I've also been throwing some smaller rat style wake baits and done well numbers-wise on them.

Px48TKO.jpg

CLSTYNh.jpg

odooxC3.jpg

No true hawgs on the smaller rat yet - so far my best fish of the year have come on glide baits and soft swimbaits.

sKMKM9T.jpg

That one ate a 5 inch Savage Gear floating soft line-through bluegill bait.

I've only had one fish so far this year that I think went over 5lb, but I didn't have my scale with me to be sure. It was another victim of the line-through bluegill.

All the rain we've had I *hope* lasts a couple more days - I want to hit the flooded waters before they receed, but when the warm temps hit. Last couple years during spring floods, the fishing has been lights out. Its also damn fun catching bass on flooded lawns.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I got these from Lake Sam Rayburn last weekend.

The guts and heads go in my compost heap for my vegetable garden.

View attachment 388305

One raised his dorsal spike just as I was putting my foot on him to pull the hook out.

Went right through the bottom of my shoe.

View attachment 388306

When I was a kid, fishing with an uncle, we brought home a mess of cats and crappie for a fish fry - his method of cleaning was to skin 'em still alive (we always nailed them to a board - killing the fish, and keeping them in one place to skin) - for his troubles, an especially wiggly cat poked its side spine right through my uncle's hand. All the way through. Turns out - catfish spines are also mildly venomous. He's lucky it didn't get infected. Hope your foot heals up quick!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom