• ...and so much more!
  • Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Oh look. Winchester has created another proprietary cartridge that does nothing special. Except cost three times as much and is impossible to source.
    Just another in a looooong line of the same nonsense.
    Besides this has been done before. Anyone remember the .22 American?
    That cartridge was a 22mag shortened to 22LR length. It lasted about 15minutes.
    All these guys probably did was take the ancient 22WRF and put a new bullet on it and powder it up a bit. Bubba will stick that in his PeePaw’s old rifle and blow it the **** up. Watch. Then the cartridge will be pulled and become unobtainium due to liability.
    The answer to a question no one has asked. Ever.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    You’d think Winchester would learn. But the keep doing this.
    Who here has one of the WSSM calibers? When was the last time you saw ammo for it?
    Winchester has been doing the same thing since they opened the doors.
    Some of their calibers caught on. At the time they were introduced they did something great. .44-40, 30-30, 270, 243, 22mag, etc.
    Then you had the losers: 38-40, 33 Winchester, 40-76, 45-60, 218 Bee, 225Win, the entire range of WSSM calibers, etc.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    You’d think Winchester would learn. But the keep doing this.
    Who here has one of the WSSM calibers? When was the last time you saw ammo for it?
    Winchester has been doing the same thing since they opened the doors.
    Some of their calibers caught on. At the time they were introduced they did something great. .44-40, 30-30, 270, 243, 22mag, etc.
    Then you had the losers: 38-40, 33 Winchester, 40-76, 45-60, 218 Bee, 225Win, the entire range of WSSM calibers, etc.
    I guess they could have just stuck with their model 1866 and the .44 Henry round instead of trying new things.

I don't really see the point in this .21 rimfire, but at least they are trying new things.
    For some reason, Edison comes to mind.
    thomasaedison1-2x.jpg

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I guess they could have just stuck with their model 1866 and the .44 Henry round instead of trying new things.

I don't really see the point in this .21 rimfire, but at least they are trying new things.
    For some reason, Edison comes to mind.

Once you figure out what works, you tend to stop trying to figure out what works.

A .22lr competitor. Say that out loud and tell me how that sounds like a great idea. It's only competing with the single cheapest and most popular round ever made.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2023
    Lakeway
    I read about this the ther day and like the OP, I don't get it. What does it do that cannot be accomplished with a .22 mag or some of the hyper velocity 22LR offerings?

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    I mean I shoot .17hmr when I want an accurate rimfire .22LR is for dumping ammo into trash because it’s fun and cheap. This. This I don’t get. But let’s see what happens.

Top Bottom