• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Have you bought from 2Awarehouse before?

• yes

• no, but I would

• no, not sure if I would

Results are only viewable after voting.

alterspaces

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2024
    Corpus Christi
    Alright, everyone convinced me reman was not a bad idea and saw 2Awarehouse mentioned so I thought I'd give it a try. After learning about ammoseek, I went to a bunch of different sites that were selling cheap ammo, it was only cheap because it was reman. Sadly, the shipping was high on at least 3 diff sites ($35-60 shipping), and reasonable on 2 sites ($15-20) that I clicked on.

2Awarehouse was only $15 for shipping and they seem to specialize in reman ammo and know what they're doing so I bought some.
    1000 rds 115-grain 9mm reman brass-case for $212, price is the same as the Magtech Steel-case that I got from grabagun. It just so happened to be St. Patrick's day on Sunday so there was a discount - shipping for $8 flatrate! So I got 2x 500 rds for the total of 1000 and with shipping and tax, it was $240, cheaper than $270 + $8 (admission fee) at the gunshow. Each 500 rds comes in an ammo can, which I've kinda thought about getting, but didn't find to be useful, but now I got 2 of them, a $16 value for "free".

First thing's first: it came really fast. 2Awarehouse is in Baytown, TX so FEDEX only took a day and a half to arrive in Corpus Christi. There was literally NO order processing time, which is sick.

IMG_0041.JPG IMG_0042.JPG

I counted the ammo, I got 501 in the first one and 500 in the second one. It left a lot of black powder residue on my fingers, but I guess that makes sense.

Of the 501 in the first one, there are 3 possibly defective ones. I'm too scared to shoot these, would you guys shoot these? Need some input from you guys here. They look like they could explode. These 3 to the right, compared to the normal one on the left are shorter because the bullet has been pushed further than usual into the casing; the last one is significantly buried into the casing.

IMG_0043.JPG

In fact, the first "normal" one is flawed too, I picked this one specifically because I found it had crimp marks on the bullet, definitely a round that has been reman, can't be more reman than that wow.

The last one is the size of a 380ACP. Can I shoot it out of a 380 gun? Probably a bad idea.

IMG_0044.JPG

Going to bring these to the range and run 200 rds. Will post update after this weekend. I'll also shoot 50 through my jams-a-lot Kimber solo to see what would happen. So apart from the 3 that were punched in too far, they look good so far and I'm liking the value.

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US
    If overall length is appropriate as normal and if it would cycle, and if an appropriate charge were used.....you might be ok, but the one you can check is overall length and I wouldn't try to cycle.
    In the end too many issues.

Why roll your own is best.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Ausländer

Yak Shaving
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2022
    New Braunfels
    I purchased reman during the 'drought' years ago (don't remember which company), and while it ran dirty, it was all put together correctly.

If the reman messed those up that you can see, what did they mess up that you can't see?? Have you shown them the pics you posted? Do they have a refund policy?

angel71rs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    El Paso
    ahhh should've checked out your suggestion of freedom munitions. Maybe next time.
    I used to buy from Freedom, but then they opened a Houston store and had to pay tax plus shipping from Idaho. Luckily shortly after Targetsports had cases of new 9mm for less + free ship, no tax before 10-2019, so jumped to them and loaded up.

But that's over since Panic 2020, so now tried HSL remans out of Utah to top off the pile after years of not buying. Just as good as the Freedom (or any new US range ammo), shipping is less for me, no tax. And no BS disclaimer on their website about having to accept some skanks as normal. Shot it out of a bunch of pistols to test, mine and my friends, zero issues.

Curious on how that Magtech steel shoots for you?

alterspaces

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2024
    Corpus Christi
    If nothing else, I would NOT shoot the shorter ones.
    yeah def not, they won't seal the barrel because the thickest part of the bullet is not even exposed. who know what would happen with those?!

I used to buy from Freedom, but then they opened a Houston store and had to pay tax plus shipping from Idaho. Luckily shortly after Targetsports had cases of new 9mm for less + free ship, no tax before 10-2019, so jumped to them and loaded up.

But that's over since Panic 2020, so now tried HSL remans out of Utah to top off the pile after years of not buying. Just as good as the Freedom (or any new US range ammo), shipping is less for me, no tax. And no BS disclaimer on their website about having to accept some skanks as normal. Shot it out of a bunch of pistols to test, mine and my friends, zero issues.

Curious on how that Magtech steel shoots for you?
    Great suggestion, I'll check it out.

Magtech steel shoots great. very well made. The only thing is that it is most likely dirtier than some factory brass like Estate 9mm Luger. you can tell because there are often sparks coming out of the Magtech steel, a sign of extra powder. But good shooting apparently. I trust Magtech because it's the first 380ACP I used and was great, so when I saw Magtech steel case 9mm, knew it couldn't be that bad.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I’d request a refund plus return shipping. Those rounds show that there is absolutely zero quality control going on so who knows if any others have a double charge or no charge. A double charge is dangerous as soon as the hammer falls. A squib is dangerous if the shooter doesn’t have enough experience to catch it and send another round in to an obstructed barrel.

I’d also say that if the website really claims some rounds may not fire that is absolutely a warning sign. Maybe find some old junk gun you don’t want around, like a Glock or something. Put it in a vice, load the short rounds and pull the trigger with a long string. Then try to get some cash out of them for their dangerous garbage ammo.

alterspaces

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2024
    Corpus Christi
    I think it's very interesting the responses I'm getting here. In my thread about reman ammo, the majority responders said they'd buy it and shoot it, but in this thread, the majority of responders are showing extreme concern for a shipment that includes 3 of 1000 rds that are nonfunctioning.

Also, I can't find where it disclaims that "some rounds won't fire", maybe it wasn't 2awarehouse, but I couldn't find this message on the other sites, maybe I forgot which ones I visited.

Coon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2023
    Montgomery
    I’ve had more rounds fail to fire from a 100 round box of Winchester white than that! I wouldn’t have any qualms shooting that ammo, (except the short ones). I wonder why Winchester doesn’t warn me that some rounds won’t fire?

Top Bottom