• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I was arriving in San Antonio for my first day of USAF basic training. It's hard to believe that three decades have gone by, but at least the fun still continues. I did retire a little over five years ago, but continue working for the DoD in a different capacity.

I am grateful for the opportunity to serve my country, and for everything I was able to do while in uniform. I am also appreciative of all the outstanding people I met along the way, and especially those who made positive impacts on my life. I ran into one of those individuals just two days ago (unfortunately, I'm not in San Antonio at the moment) which was a reminder of how so many influenced me along the way.

Most of all, I want to express my gratitude to then-SrA Joe Master, my first supervisor in the Air Force. He may not have been the most polished of individuals, but he taught me what real leadership is all about. There were several others who were just as important to me over the years, but Joe had the daunting task of taking a 19-yr-old pinhead fresh out of basic training and tech school, and making him into a productive airman in the USAF. I owe him a lot for the great job he did, he put me on the right path that served me well over my career!
    I only hope the next 30 years are just as exciting as the last 30!

Thanks for letting me reminisce a little on this momentous anniversary!

Cheers! M2
    Texas SOT

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Thanks guys, and the honor of knowing you is mine. One of the reasons we set down in Texas is because we found folks here to be so warmhearted and friendly, and I really appreciate all the outstanding individuals I have had the privilege to meet via this forum (even TexasRedNeck! ). God bless all of ya!

Cheers! M2

riata2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2010
    Pensacola
    Thanks for your service and I know what you mean. I went to Lackland in July 1961 and cause the nuns didn't teach me to count that high and I only have 10 toes and 10 fingers I don't know how many years its been. Also you don't do TX in the summer!!

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    emoticon-0159-music.png
    Off we go into the wild blue yonder...

Everybody sing along!

Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas
    The time goes fast. 40 years ago Nov 5th it will be that long for me since entering the Army. Guess I am getting older lol. Sadly that date now means the Ft Hood shooting and it's where my wife works on base.

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    54 years ago I went threw Lackland for basic and the worst 3 days of my life when they had an
    assembly line working to remove wisdom teeth and was in the hospital 3 days recouperating and couldnt
    eat solid food because none of us there could open our mouths , could only use a straw with plain soup only

Glad it worked out for you, didn't like my time in at all.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Thirty years ago today:

04 November 1981:

Mass Tactical Night jump onto Salerno Drop Zone at Fort Bragg, NC, in full CE. Spent the next ten days "travel light, freeze at night."

Be well.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    ... and the worst 3 days of my life when they had an assembly line working to remove wisdom teeth and was in the hospital 3 days recouperating ...
    Would you mind explaining that to those of us (ok, me) who are not in the know? If it doesn't bring up too painful a memory.

Just as I was about to hit enter I realized that with the above, I think I've been had. javascript:void(0) Hell, if so, y'all can goof on me. Call it a Freebie Friday

To each and every serviceman who's helped provide me a little space in the greatest country to date - Thank you !

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Congrats and thank you so much for your service. I'm the son of a disabled veteran and I know the sacrifice that you and your family have made and admire you so much for it.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LAKRAMER1211
    Top Bottom