• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • El Coyote

Jan 21, 2024
    Spring, Texas
    not to start a war of words on what is best but I am thinking of going back to my carry of my 44 mag. it would go with me on trips down to deep south texas I carried 6 speed loaders with 210 grain Winchester sliver tips with so I am going to get another 44 mag short barrel I am putting the Model 29 back into the safe they do not make them like this any more and it does sport ivory handles on it. thinking of a ruger short barrel 44 mag but it well carry 44 special loads. I am a fairly big size guy 6'2' 260 lbs and I do have big hands to handle recoil do let me hear what you all think of this and oh yes I do have my 45 acp Night Hawk colt and custom built s and w Model 25 do let me hear back from all
    Texas SOT

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    I recently got a current production Colt Anaconda with a 4 inch barrel. You might want to give one a look.

Edit: 4.25 barrel.

El Coyote

Jan 21, 2024
    Spring, Texas
    Hi guys and thanks still looking I have looked at 9 mm high capacity. auto but not for me if you can not do in one or two rounds well what can I say and moral is practice. practice thank goodness I have a very good friend. that reloads He can load them from mild to hot

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Hi guys and thanks still looking I have looked at 9 mm high capacity. auto but not for me if you can not do in one or two rounds well what can I say and moral is practice. practice thank goodness I have a very good friend. that reloads He can load them from mild to hot
    The only thing better that reloading your own, is a friend who reloads for you, or with you. It also allows you to practice more, and stay sharp. There is a great bunch of members in your area that get together now and then, Keep an eye out for their meet ups.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Apr 15, 2013
    Here comes the shit show...
    While I don't personally care what you carry..I would have to at least consider a slimy defense lawyer on a perp I shot a hole thru during a crime. As the crying mother sat there saying "ma baby din' do nuffin"...asking me why I decided to carry a round like that when police carry 9s and 40s.

Like I said...I personally don't care..but this is a question some people may think worth pondering.

This is the main reason I don't carry hand loads for SD.
    God forbid they found that out during the investigation into a shooting..
    A slimy lawyer would have fun with that.

Anyway..just wanted to toss that out there..

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    1707273593574.png

oldag

TGT Addict
    Feb 19, 2015
    Here comes the shit show...
    While I don't personally care what you carry..I would have to at least consider a slimy defense lawyer on a perp I shot a hole thru during a crime. As the crying mother sat there saying "ma baby din' do nuffin"...asking me why I decided to carry a round like that when police carry 9s and 40s.
    Non-issue.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas

One or two rounds, yet you carry over 80 rounds of ammo?

More power to you but man, thats a lot of ammo.

Top Bottom