• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I picked up 2 Aero AR10 lowers a few years back. Turned 1 into a 6.5cm that I ended up selling off to a buddy that was looking for one. The 2nd lower sat in the safe untouched until last year.

I built the lower first. Used a CMMG lpk, a mil spec trigger I worked on & it now breaks @ 3.5lbs with a Wolf heavy hammer spring. I wanted a rifle length stock & went with a LUTH-AR stock. Had a left over Ruger grip from my RPR .22 & used it. I have a gray rubberized magpul on order.

20230828_191117.jpg

The upper is a Pro fab, with Ballistic Advantage BA Hanson .308 16" SS mid length gas barrel, Toolcraft double ejector BCG, Aero adjustable gas block, Warhammer charging handle & Right to Bear 15" handguard. Running a YHM flash hider for my YHM R2 & R9

Optics ... Vortex Strike Eagle 1x8, Aero cantilever mount, offset XS Sights.

20240429_224932.jpg

EZ-E

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I likey!
    Very nice.
    Range report?

Joe

I received the bcg, charging handle & handguard on Monday, threw it together. Put the bore sight on in the house at maybe 15 yards. The elevation was low 4" so I left it.
    Went out in the backyard to adjust the gas block & was ringing steel @ 100 yards, as I was adjusting the gas. Only ran 7 shots on steel. I plan to dial it in on paper Sunday when Baboon comes by.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I hope the weather stays like it is right now. I brought my baby back ribs in just the clouds dumped today. It was thunder booming some just before it. Last night the lighting was right her on top of me.

I'll bring the Colt 635 .smg upper with then new Colt repop 4X scope. My finger is just about healed up from last time I was over.

D0ntTr3@d0nM3

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2024
    Richmond, TX
    I received the bcg, charging handle & handguard on Monday, threw it together. Put the bore sight on in the house at maybe 15 yards. The elevation was low 4" so I left it.
    Went out in the backyard to adjust the gas block & was ringing steel @ 100 yards, as I was adjusting the gas. Only ran 7 shots on steel. I plan to dial it in on paper Sunday when Baboon comes by.
    Sounds like a blast. I wish I could go outside and shoot in my backyard. Perhaps at some point you and @baboon can help me get my rifle sighted in once I decided on which optics I am going to get. I might convert my 5.56 rifle to 6.5. I think I can do that with my current setup. I'd really like to get a .308 though as well.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Sounds like a blast. I wish I could go outside and shoot in my backyard. Perhaps at some point you and @baboon can help me get my rifle sighted in once I decided on which optics I am going to get. I might convert my 5.56 rifle to 6.5. I think I can do that with my current setup. I'd really like to get a .308 though as well.
    Well with you living in Richmond your looking at a 4-5 hour ride oneway.

Just pony up and buy the ACOG. Green, red or amber really does not matter that much just pick out the aiming point you want then looks the barrel length. The color can be as bright as standard or tamed down with tape. Seeing you are new to all of this by an electro optic that can be set up for night vision as you never know. And any can you might get, get Full Auto Rated. As you never know what might come your way.

D0ntTr3@d0nM3

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2024
    Richmond, TX
    Well with you living in Richmond your looking at a 4-5 hour ride oneway.

Just pony up and buy the ACOG. Green, red or amber really does not matter that much just pick out the aiming point you want then looks the barrel length. The color can be as bright as standard or tamed down with tape. Seeing you are new to all of this by an electro optic that can be set up for night vision as you never know. And any can you might get, get Full Auto Rated. As you never know what might come your way.
    Yeah I will make a choice soon. But it's also about having someone experienced to sight it in with. 4-5 hours is no big deal for me. I'd probably just find somewhere to stay for the weekend. I will figure something out though. I might meet up with jetcycles later this month. He's fairly close.

D0ntTr3@d0nM3

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2024
    Richmond, TX
    I picked up 2 Aero AR10 lowers a few years back. Turned 1 into a 6.5cm that I ended up selling off to a buddy that was looking for one. The 2nd lower sat in the safe untouched until last year.

I built the lower first. Used a CMMG lpk, a mil spec trigger I worked on & it now breaks @ 3.5lbs with a Wolf heavy hammer spring. I wanted a rifle length stock & went with a LUTH-AR stock. Had a left over Ruger grip from my RPR .22 & used it. I have a gray rubberized magpul on order.

View attachment 449938

The upper is a Pro fab, with Ballistic Advantage BA Hanson .308 16" SS mid length gas barrel, Toolcraft double ejector BCG, Aero adjustable gas block, Warhammer charging handle & Right to Bear 15" handguard. Running a YHM flash hider for my YHM R2 & R9

Optics ... Vortex Strike Eagle 1x8, Aero cantilever mount, offset XS Sights.

View attachment 449939
    Right To Bear actually has a pretty sweet deal going right now. I can get a combat armory ar-10 lower for about $95

EZ-E

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Brother you put together a hog blasting rig for sure right there.

Looks great and hope you enjoy it for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thank ya... I might use it for hogs. I have a 6.5 grendel set as my pig rig. It's a Aero lower also, with a 16" Wilson Combat barrel, Odin Works BCG & a Rise Rave trigger.

20221022_195334.jpg

Last edited:

D0ntTr3@d0nM3

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2024
    Richmond, TX
    Thank ya... I might use it for hogs. I have a 6.5 grendel set as my pig rig. It's a Aero lower also, with a 16" Wilson Combat barrel, Odin Works BCG & a Rise Rave trigger.

View attachment 450047
    @EZ-E What is that holding your rifle? Can it work as a vise too? That'd be pretty sweet if it could. It would allow me to start doing a rifle build/mod at my kitchen table until I can remodel my garage with a work bench.

D0ntTr3@d0nM3

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2024
    Richmond, TX
    It's just a cheap $30 Caldwell shooting rest. Save your money it's cheap, light & flexible. The Tipton Ultra would be the way to go IMO.
    The standing Tipton Ultra is actually the perfect solution for what I need right now to get started. Thanks. That'll save me from remodeling my garage or buying a new, larger shed that I can work out of, and save me from having to air condition my garage or shed haha.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    The standing Tipton Ultra is actually the perfect solution for what I need right now to get started. Thanks. That'll save me from remodeling my garage or buying a new, larger shed that I can work out of, and save me from having to air condition my garage or shed haha.
    You’re not married yet right? Make yourself a gun room , trophy room, man cave or whatever you want to call it. Doing it now ensures that you can have it the rest of you life. If she loves you she will contend with the trophy room. It’s really important to have one. I would have claimed the master bedroom for its toilet, but have to much stuff.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    zw150202
    Top Bottom