Apr 15, 2013
    blazing-saddles650x325-628x325.jpg

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Why I moved outta that liberal chithole back in 1970. I saw no reason to continue living in Austin, even though I was born and raised there. The snowflakes & twinkies have done a real bang- up job on my former home town. Is anyone really surprised that they would elect an idiot like "sanctuary sally" for sheriff?

Well the population has probably grown 5x since you left, with unemployment the lowest in the South, so I guess they kind of did ok.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Abbott thinks like a lawyer, which he is.

Rather than making new law, he needs to use his "bully pulpit" to "shame" the Sheriff.

If her voters like her position on law enforcement, then she should remain.

It might be ugly, it might be strange, but we all believe in the power of the people to vote their choice.

Be well.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Its a Federal statute she plans to defy. The new AG should offer one right away then arrest her for violating Federal law. Does not need to be a political mess although the Dems will make it one. Jail changes prospective.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Trump has it covered.
    He signed an EO to cut federal funding to sanctuary cities.
    Abbott is riding coattails.

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    Heard today that advocates for sanctuary cities claim the community is actually SAFER with illegal aliens living there! Has this whole damn world gone crazy??

Truly Grits

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'd hate to see too many new laws imposed on sheriffs. They are the only elected LEO's and can be a defense against tyrants of all sorts.

Sorry, but as an outsider, what I see as the only ultimate defense against tyrants of all sorts, for you is your 2nd amendment. If this "elected" sheriff is not abiding by the law of the land, maybe it is time to remove her from office.........at the muzzle of a gun?

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Travis county. Austin. Failure.

Abbot should strip trip funding and daily shame her for partially ruining the city she's supposed to protect. She's not supposed to protect illegals. She's supposed to protect Texans.

She should step down or do the right thing.

boomgoesthedynamite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2013
    Sachse (NE DFW)
    In my mind, the correct approach is a tiered strategy. First, federal funds should be stripped at the appropriate levels, I.e. no money to the city. Second, the county should be given the opportunity to bring the city in line. If that fails, no money to the county. If the county essentially endorses the city's action, the state should be given the chance to get the county in line. If the state endorses the county/city action, then pull the funds from the state.

This method allows for local decisions on what they think is best but allows for higher levels to essentially condemn the behavior. This would allow Austin to remain "weird" but not necessarily punish the rest of the county or state.

If you look at the model for a bat shit crazy state like California, they would likely lose funds at the state, several counties, and several cities levels while the reasonable and law abiding counties would be spared from the heavy coastal idiocy. I am all for d visions at the local level. If a city wants to give every person in it $20k a year so they can buy groceries, let them. They just need to pay for it. If their tax base and voters go for it, let them. I have no problem with redistribution of wealth as long as it is the most local and essentially voluntary as possible. Churches do this with voluntary contributions now. Some do it with mandatory "voluntary" contributions. A person can change a city, possibly even a county, but forcing a state change to get away from crazy is extreme.

And the. To lighten it up, "He said the sheriff is near. (Spoken in true frontier gibberish)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Travis county. Austin. Failure.

Abbot should strip trip funding and daily shame her for partially ruining the city she's supposed to protect. She's not supposed to protect illegals. She's supposed to protect Texans.

She should step down or do the right thing.

A Travis County official would wear that like a badge of honor. They only dream they could get that much good publicity.

Top Bottom