• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Academy Woodlands has some powder in stock prices suck but...
    Some is $79 # fk that noise.
    Guns International

Attachments

• 20240421_115518.jpg
      20240421_115518.jpg
      124.8 KB · Views: 40

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    I haven’t bought powder in a while, but seemed like I could get better prices online through powder valley. I’ve been buying my primers at academy though.
    After hazmat and tax the online is the same or a tad more for what I've been looking for.
    I found some Vihtavuori for $40 at a lical place a few months ago, although I've never actually used it the price was too good to pass on.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    After hazmat and tax the online is the same or a tad more for what I've been looking for.
    I found some Vihtavuori for $40 at a lical place a few months ago, although I've never actually used it the price was too good to pass on.
    how much are you buying at a time? They ran free hazmat not too long ago, but only thing I needed was primers and even with that they couldn’t beat academy’s price on primers. Right now, after shipping/hazmat, but before tax it looks like for 3lbs of the BLC2, powder valley would be 6 cents more, but they should come out ahead after tax. If you’re just buying 1lb at a time then it is a lot more to buy online, but if you can put together some larger orders I think it comes out pretty far ahead usually.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I never buy powder in single pounds anymore. Do enough homework and buy at least 4 lbers at a time. I've been patient this last year and added plenty of rifle powder at 25$/lb buying from individuals. Got enough to keep me at it for a looooong time. It's sad to see prices going sky high but between Israel and Ukraine conflicts I think we won't see things coming down for a while. I'm hoping to horse trade as needed but satisfied with what I have right now.

xkon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2020
    Houston
    I haven’t bought powder in a while, but seemed like I could get better prices online through powder valley. I’ve been buying my primers at academy though.
    Powder from PV and academy for primers as well. Text the word Fun to 22369 to get $10 off $50 at Academy. It signs you up for their text list but can stop right after. Coupon has the same code for everyone so it's not a one time use. I typically buy 1k primers and use the coupon each time I go there.

Coon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2023
    Montgomery
    I went to Academy and their shelf had a tag for H110 for $39 but none on the shelf. I asked and they had it behind the counter, so I got a pound. At checkout, it rang up $59. I said the shelf tag says $39, so they called back and checked and sold it to me for $39. A few weeks later I was in there again and the shelf tag still says $39.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I went to Academy and their shelf had a tag for H110 for $39 but none on the shelf. I asked and they had it behind the counter, so I got a pound. At checkout, it rang up $59. I said the shelf tag says $39, so they called back and checked and sold it to me for $39. A few weeks later I was in there again and the shelf tag still says $39.
    I had that experience with primers. I took a picture of the tag on the shelf showing the price and they lowered it at the register.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    You guys should check out american reloading. They have GREAT deals on bulk powder. The problem is it goes fast! I am on their mailing list and they update the site a couple times a week. They'll email and say powder is in stock but you have to jump on it.

Should have bought all they had! I had the same experience as Robert with large pistol primers. Except when I went they had them individually marked for 8.99 but the whole brick rang up at 39.95. I bought 2 more bricks the next day but didn't have anymore money.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom