• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    This just started 3 days ago only on my PC. It hasn't shown up yet on my laptop. Anyone know how to make it stop without paying for YT premium? I am using Ad Blocker Plus in Firefox. It's on a delay timer, so can't "X" out until about 15 seconds have passed.

1697552190746.png

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2023
    Houston
    Brave browser is a great way to watch YT without ads. It quickly became my primary browser for desktop and mobile. It also has a feature to bypass paywalls using Tor that works about 50% of the time.

angel71rs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    El Paso
    Incognito window in Chrome with Ublock origin, enabled for use in Incognito (it's disabled by default) = ad free viewing.

I'm running it in Incognito since I think they will eventually block those they know are using adblockers. I have a regular window with youtube whitelisted on Ublock, allows me to see what new vids my subs have posted on youtube homepage. Right click, copy url, paste to the Incognito window.

If youtube would just show an ad at the beginning of a vid, I wouldn't bother with all this. But too many ads, and you will hit more immediately if you fast forward, damn aggravating. So there you go.

I even figured out how to watch ad free on bedroom TV using a Firestick. A lot more complicated, but when they went from an occasional ad to constant ads just to watch a 15 minute vid, that motivated me to beat them.

angel71rs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    El Paso
    Brave browser is a great way to watch YT without ads. It quickly became my primary browser for desktop and mobile. It also has a feature to bypass paywalls using Tor that works about 50% of the time.

You don't get a warning window like in OP? If not, maybe they haven't gotten around to Brave users yet?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2023
    Houston
    You don't get a warning window like in OP? If not, maybe they haven't gotten around to Brave users yet?
    I've been using Brave to access YT daily for months, and I do not recall seeing that warning window. There are no ads inserted by YT before or during videos. Ever. Creators with scripted ads as part of their videos can be fast forwarded, of course. Whether it lasts remains to be seen, but it's been good so far.

John Sam Rayburn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2023
    Lufkin, Texas
    I am using Ad Blocker Plus

Be aware that Ad Block Plus is a scam.

They track you and sell your habits to advertisers. Advertisers pay them to let certain ads through.

uBlock Origin is simply the best. It's open source.

uBlock is a scam. The real one is uBlock ORIGIN.

Their Developers usually circumvent YouTube's continuous shenanigans within hours.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    the block went away after I logged out and has not been back the last couple of days

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX

I was using it but everytime it upgraded it lost my book marks and lastpass plugin on ubuntu

RaySendero

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2020
    US South
    It's a neverending game. We block. YT defeats the blocks. Rinse and repeat forever.
    Yep, YouTube figured out the uBlock Origin today.

Here's one of the comments:
    Jonathan 45 minutes ago
    "was blocking anti-ad block youtube popups this morning 12 hours later not working again lol,hopefully a fix comes out soonish"

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    Not sure how long this will last but I turn off shields in Brave and then refresh and it leaves me alone. I'm sure they'll figure it out after a while and I'll be stuck with adds.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    This just started 3 days ago only on my PC. It hasn't shown up yet on my laptop.

I started getting that yesterday. I just hit the X in the upper right corner and started watching.

've been using Brave to access YT daily for months, and I do not recall seeing that warning window. There are no ads inserted by YT before or during videos. Ever.
    It seems like some people get the message and others don't. I haven't seen the "adblockers not allowed" message in Brave, but have had a few times where the video would just sit blank for several seconds while an ad tried to play. Like Brave was able to block the playback, but not the ad pause.

I think they're doing a phased rollout just to see how many people they can get to sign up for premium. They'll never block playback completely to people using adblockers as that would be bad for them, or if they finally do it'll be right before they shutdown for good.

Top Bottom