• ...and so much more!
  • jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Forgive my ignorance, but I genuinely want to know ... even prepare, if possible. What causes the weakness in the hands with age, is it universal, is it avoidable?
    It is not universal and is somewhat avoidable.
    Part of it is lower hormones that regulate muscle. Part of it is exercise. Too many become couch potatoes.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    DK Firearms

kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    Ok, so my son's girlfriend wanted to buy a pistol, since she lives alone, so son took her shopping. She eventually settled on a Walther PD380. She brought it over for me to give it a look over. It felt good, even in my big ol hands, had good balance and was very easy to rack. Took her down to the back side of the property and let her shoot a few rounds, pistol shot really well. Even though it is a .380, could have a look at that.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Ok, so my son's girlfriend wanted to buy a pistol, since she lives alone, so son took her shopping. She eventually settled on a Walther PD380. She brought it over for me to give it a look over. It felt good, even in my big ol hands, had good balance and was very easy to rack. Took her down to the back side of the property and let her shoot a few rounds, pistol shot really well. Even though it is a .380, could have a look at that.
    What is the mag capacity for the Walther?

Booger

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2018
    Grand Prairie
    For me the Ruger security 380 works great. Easy to rack, front fiber optic sight, little recoil and 15+1 all make it my choice when the hands are achy. Forty years of wrenching and arthritis tend for make the mitts cranky on many days.

Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    Here’s a larger tip-up… a full size gun… not a pocket gun like the Beretta

Review: Girsan MC 14T Pistol​

IMG_8613.jpeg

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Either carry a carbine, or ...

shutterstock_1909034227_1000x.jpg
    <>

’’Good thought’’, but the problem for most of us elders is osteoarthritis of our first MCCJ’s, which results in thumb flexor weakness.

I do a ton of yard work, and have great finger-grip strength for an Octogenarian. I can ‘’monkey-grip’’ a slide fairly well. But these things always get worse, never improve.

Maybe the answer is revolvers.

Is there a 9 round .30SC revolver ?

Thanks, anyway. . . . . .

<>

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Osteo Bi-Flex has kept my joints limper for years now, and in way better shape than before starting on it.
    I just bought set of the hand exercisers about 4 days ago, and already have doubled the reputations that I can do.
    <>

Yes, one can strengthen overall grip, but the thumb won’t respond if the joint is already destroyed.

<>

Pistol Pete

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2010
    Texas
    My 642s work well. You gotta be willing to practice and handle the recoil. You didn't say why you don't like the EZ, it is easy to rack and handles recoil better than a G19 for me. Have you actually used an EZ? S&W quality sucks right now but you might get a good one.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Osteo Bi-Flex has kept my joints limper for years now, and in way better shape than before starting on it.
    I just bought set of the hand exercisers about 4 days ago, and already have doubled the reputations that I can do.
    My joints are limp enough as it is...

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    My 642s work well. You gotta be willing to practice and handle the recoil. You didn't say why you don't like the EZ, it is easy to rack and handles recoil better than a G19 for me. Have you actually used an EZ? S&W quality sucks right now but you might get a good one.
    <>

Actually, I’ve never seen a S&W ‘’E-Z’’, except in photos. We were trying to stay w/ double-stack 9mm GOCKS, b/c of mags & ammo commonality.

We have J-frames & like them, but 5-shots. . . . . .

Funny, those who once told us that 7+1 & 8+1 were too little; same folks are now saying 6+1 is plenty for a G43.

if we have to go to the J-frames, I’ll just carry 2 AirLite’s or Scandium’s.

<>

Top Bottom