Gun Zone Deals

All protesters claiming to be pro-palestinian and pro-Hamas need to be checked for citizenship

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • george b

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2023
    Texas
    Burning flags and yelling death to America is constitutional protected free speech, and American rights aren't excepted to non citizens or illegals. You may not like the speech, but it is nonetheless protected.

As far as I can tell, rights aren't dependent or based on citizenship. I'd be happy to listen if I'm misunderstanding.
    If they are not citizens then they need to be arrested and deported. They have no rights to be here at all if they are illegal immigrants or on overstayed visas. So you are misunderstanding I guess.

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    My post, nor @SARGE67 said anything about verbally harassing anyone. I can see we're never going to agree, but you stand where you stand.

And you missed the point entirely, by the way.
    Ah see, we do agree; I really dislike that illegals often have greater rights and privileges over tax-paying law-abiding citizens and wish there were law & order in place with reasonable consistency.

But my understanding is you did express a form of verbally harassing someone; if you were on campus hypothetically using the wrong pronouns is considered verbal harassment. Thats the standard they're looking at in terms of you and Sarge mentioning what you did. Again, I may not agree with it, it is what it is.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    As far as I can tell, rights aren't dependent or based on citizenship.
    Once the US Gov started using the Citizen term, it was the intent. I.e. Constitution was 'implied' to apply to US Citizens only. Courts have purposely changed the intent. Did British/French/Italian/German citizens have the rights of US citizens here? Nope. Not unless Naturalized. And there is a process for that.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Did you miss the ruling on 2a applying to illegals recently?
    1) There was no such ruling. A Single district judge dismissed charges against 1 illegal.

2) Note the part where I said "Right or wrong". In the illegal case, I agree with judge and said so in that thread. This does not change the fact illegals cannot legally possess a gun, or vote, or get a job, or many other rights.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    Ah see, we do agree; I really dislike that illegals often have greater rights and privileges over tax-paying law-abiding citizens and wish there were law & order in place with reasonable consistency.

But my understanding is you did express a form of verbally harassing someone; if you were on campus hypothetically using the wrong pronouns is considered verbal harassment. Thats the standard they're looking at in terms of you and Sarge mentioning what you did. Again, I may not agree with it, it is what it is.
    Why don't you speak English without all the BS.

george b

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2023
    Texas
    I think I already did: just because you don't like what a protestor is saying shouldn't mean they're eligible for arrest, expulsion or any other punishment from the federal government.
    That's totally not true. If they are promoting terrorism and making terrorist threats..... they should be imprisoned and deported immediately.

Last edited:

wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    I imagine far fewer of these rowdy protestors are foreigners. Most likely entitled college brats and professional agitators brought in by those looking to formant chaos. UT at Austin is in Travis County where the current DA is a Soros henchman, bought and paid for so doubt any arrest during these episodes will see significant punishment. If an illegal is involved will Austin PD or the DPS see they are booted from the country? Not likely. Kind of surprising that APD or DPS responded at all since APD is greatly degraded as of late by the attrition caused by the defund and leftist management of the city.

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    I think I already did: just because you don't like what a protestor is saying shouldn't mean they're eligible for arrest, expulsion or any other punishment from the federal government.
    I don't know if you're continually missing the point or if you're just being obtuse.

So right now, calling someone a she when they prefer to be a he or a ze or an it or whatthefuckever (even if they really are a she) is grounds for expulsion (and by the way, that's NOT harassment.) Calling for the murder and complete annihilation of a group of people based on their religion or ethnic background is not. Not only that, but it's encouraged and championed.

Now, can they say it in the US under free speech laws without being arrested? Sure. But if you're going to expel people for calling a woman a woman or a man a man, then common sense would dictate the same would happen when calling for genocide of literally millions of people. But it's not. In fact, the opposite.

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    So right now, calling someone a she when they prefer to be a he or a ze or an it or whatthefuckever (even if they really are a she) is grounds for expulsion (and by the way, that's NOT harassment.)
    The first time I'd agree no its not harassment. But repeatedly and intentionally it probably is considered harassment. Its like if I walked into the office every morning and intentionally didn't use a coworkers name: Good morning doofus, hello jackass, hi boomer, good afternoon bozo. That'd likely get me terminated for harassment especially if I did it to 1 specific person or group of people. Its not my opinion, its what is in place at every job I've ever worked at but I'd love to be proven wrong with some sort of legal precedent; I wouldn't mind calling my boss a bonehead every time I walk into the office without losing my job, but alas HR would likely call that some form of harassment leading to termination. Expulsion or termination doesn't always involve legal action or breaking of any laws.

So far at these protests I've heard several chants ranging from 'death to America', 'death to Israel', 'death to Jews', 'kill whitey', among others. I'm not an attorney, constitutional or other legal scholar so I'm not a definitive source on this but as we recall from the recent hearings of the university heads testifying regarding students breaking a college code of conduct should be stopped or not, for these statements or chants to be considered illegal or fall outside of the freedom of speech there has to be some specific incitement to violence or cause some sort of imminent lawless action OR it must be some sort of true threat that would cause a reasonable person to fear for their safety or safety of others.

If I said something like "death to Ohioans" would there be anyone in Ohio that would suspect there was imminent lawless action, anyone in Ohio being incited to cause violence, or reasonably fear for their safety? Probably not. Would my employer based out of Ohio appreciate me saying these things? Also probably not which may be a violation of the HR handbook leading to my expulsion or termination. They wouldn't want someone screaming such things representing their company. While I disagree with many of those kids' statements, I as a layman don't think they've violated any laws with such "death to xyz" statements. Its up to the institution for expelling students (if they even are students there) or employees (such as tenured professors) if they wish to terminate them.

Now for deportation or imprisonment, thats a "papers please" issue. Demanding proof of legal citizenship or visa status of probably tens of thousands of students engaged in protest isn't likely to happen and probably a waste of LE tax dollars. I'm not even certain its legal for law enforcement to demand such a thing from anyone, especially if there is no violation of an applicable law to question suspects.

Again, I'm looking at it from an objective standpoint; I may not like what they're saying but trying to say the government shouldn't allow them to say it at all isn't a good way of looking at it.

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    The first time I'd agree no its not harassment. But repeatedly and intentionally it probably is considered harassment. Its like if I walked into the office every morning and intentionally didn't use a coworkers name: Good morning doofus, hello jackass, hi boomer, good afternoon bozo. That'd likely get me terminated for harassment especially if I did it to 1 specific person or group of people. Its not my opinion, its what is in place at every job I've ever worked at but I'd love to be proven wrong with some sort of legal precedent; I wouldn't mind calling my boss a bonehead every time I walk into the office without losing my job, but alas HR would likely call that some form of harassment leading to termination. Expulsion or termination doesn't always involve legal action or breaking of any laws.

So far at these protests I've heard several chants ranging from 'death to America', 'death to Israel', 'death to Jews', 'kill whitey', among others. I'm not an attorney, constitutional or other legal scholar so I'm not a definitive source on this but as we recall from the recent hearings of the university heads testifying regarding students breaking a college code of conduct should be stopped or not, for these statements or chants to be considered illegal or fall outside of the freedom of speech there has to be some specific incitement to violence or cause some sort of imminent lawless action OR it must be some sort of true threat that would cause a reasonable person to fear for their safety or safety of others.

If I said something like "death to Ohioans" would there be anyone in Ohio that would suspect there was imminent lawless action, anyone in Ohio being incited to cause violence, or reasonably fear for their safety? Probably not. Would my employer based out of Ohio appreciate me saying these things? Also probably not which may be a violation of the HR handbook leading to my expulsion or termination. They wouldn't want someone screaming such things representing their company. While I disagree with many of those kids' statements, I as a layman don't think they've violated any laws with such "death to xyz" statements. Its up to the institution for expelling students (if they even are students there) or employees (such as tenured professors) if they wish to terminate them.

Now for deportation or imprisonment, thats a "papers please" issue. Demanding proof of legal citizenship or visa status of probably tens of thousands of students engaged in protest isn't likely to happen and probably a waste of LE tax dollars. I'm not even certain its legal for law enforcement to demand such a thing from anyone, especially if there is no violation of an applicable law to question suspects.

Again, I'm looking at it from an objective standpoint; I may not like what they're saying but trying to say the government shouldn't allow them to say it at all isn't a good way of looking at it.
    Now I know you're being obtuse. Thanks for the confirmation.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

Last Saturday afternoon, we “inadvertently’’ walked through the edge of a large pro-Palestinian demonstration in the main public square in Lyon, France. The crowd was just forming, and it looked to be an entertainment event at first.

I didn’t realize what it was until we were already surrounded. We had no specific encounter, just hurried through. They had erected large professionally-done poster-stands with portraits & bios of ‘’innocent’’ Palestinian young people reportedly killed by the IDF responses.

Of course, not a word of brutal Hamas atrocities in the October attacks on innocent Israelis & their visitors..

That, and the well organized demonstrations we now see here, tell me that someone has spent many million$ preparing this entire PROPAGANDA push.

Our World & Nation are beset by enemy aggression on multiple fronts.

This is scary.

leVieux

<>

Last edited:

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I don't know if you're continually missing the point or if you're just being obtuse.

So right now, calling someone a she when they prefer to be a he or a ze or an it or whatthefuckever (even if they really are a she) is grounds for expulsion (and by the way, that's NOT harassment.) Calling for the murder and complete annihilation of a group of people based on their religion or ethnic background is not. Not only that, but it's encouraged and championed.

Now, can they say it in the US under free speech laws without being arrested? Sure. But if you're going to expel people for calling a woman a woman or a man a man, then common sense would dictate the same would happen when calling for genocide of literally millions of people. But it's not. In fact, the opposite.
    <>

. . . . “if you're going to expel people for calling a woman a woman or a man a man, then common sense would dictate the same would happen when calling for genocide of literally millions of people. But it's not. In fact, the opposite.”

AGREED

Those who refuse to learn (REAL) History are doomed to repeat it.

Last evening I learned that a California Attorney had been disbarred for saying that the 2020 elections were rigged. That should be constitutionally protected as ‘’political speech’’ under the FIRST AMENDMENT !

leVieux

<>

Top Bottom