Patriot Mobile

'American Guns' reality star convicted of selling firearms illegally.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    http://fromthetrenchesworldreport.c...lling-firearms-illegally-evading-taxes/184503

[FONT]The star of the reality TV show “American Guns” faces up to 15 years in prison after his conviction last week on firearms and tax evasion charges.[/FONT]
    [FONT]Richard Wyatt, 53, ran a Denver-area gun shop called Gunsmoke that was the setting for the Discovery Channel show for two seasons in 2011 and 2012.[/FONT]
    [FONT]He was found guilty Friday of selling guns without a license and failing to disclose $1.1 million in income to the IRS after a trial in Denver Federal Court, The Denver Post reports. [/FONT]
    Capitol Armory ad

Governors20

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Austin
    I read he lost his FFL by selling the guns, then running the background check. If they didnt pass the check, he would offer to sell it, or take it back at a 20 percent commission. The background check is supposed to happen BEFORE the sale, not after.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I read he lost his FFL by selling the guns, then running the background check. If they didnt pass the check, he would offer to sell it, or take it back at a 20 percent commission. The background check is supposed to happen BEFORE the sale, not after.

Wow......

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi

Lol. That's an angle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    american-guns-discovery-tv-show.jpg

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    He should have done what Hayden did, and have someone else hold the license, this was just stupid.

I wonder if he and Will Hayden will share a cell?!? :D

For those needing a recap...in 2009, the BATF conducted a routine inspection of Red Jacket and discovered 10 guns registered to the company could not be accounted for. The Hayden’s struck a deal with feds in 2010, in which the two agreed to surrender their gun-making licenses … and in exchange, they could appoint a LICENSED person to take over the company. That was Vincent Buckles, another gunsmith who occasionally was on the show. He eventually left and they had to dig up another FFL holder to be the licensed firearms dealer for Red Jacket. Then on 11 August 2014, Hayden was arrested and charged with rape of a child and aggravated crimes against nature. Hayden was additionally accused of aggravated rape by his oldest daughter Stephanie Ford (a.k.a. "Snaggletooth"). Having pleaded not guilty in January 2015.

BTW, Hayden is scheduled to go on trial 3 April. An aggravated rape conviction will carry a mandatory penalty of life in prison.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom