Capitol Armory ad

Any good places to hunt throughout the Houston area?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    The Op is probably not from Texas. OP you need to look at the Texas Parks and Wildlife website under the hunting and fishing banners. Hunting leases and hunting clubs in Houston area will run you from 1500 to around 15K depending on amenities. A couple hunting clubs north of Houston if you google them.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    There is basically no public hunting in texas except for a little acreage in the forests. Check all regs before you enter and use at your.own Risk.
    All.other hunting within the state of Texas in done on Private land if you happen to know someone or make good friends with someone. Other than that it's pay to play as in you lease a small section per year and follow all regulations the landowner sets forth. It aint cheap and it's hardly ever close to your residents. Could br as far as 6-10 hours away or more.

Coon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2023
    Montgomery
    Hello yall,

I'm new here in the Houston area. Are there any good places to hunt? I'm thinking of hunting deer and hog this year.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    I hope we haven't run you off with all our joking. It's all meant in fun. I hunt in the Sam Houston National Forest, which is about 50 miles north of Houston. I live right next to it, so I hunt there. It gets very crowded on the first two weekends of deer season and kind of crowded around Thanksgiving weekend. Other than that, you can find some spots to have to yourself. You have to purchase a public hunting permit with your Texas hunting license, and I think now you download the map booklet online that has all of the places you can hunt with that permit. There are quite a few other places to hunt public land in Texas with the permit, but like has already been pointed out, most are small in size. There is good hunting in the national forest. Just use common sense and, in my opinion, stay away the first two weekends. Oh, and be prepared to walk because no vehicles allowed past the gates into the forest.

Last edited:

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Op if you have to invest in leases I would recommend making the committment in South or Central Texas or areas west and South of San Antonio. Luckily for me through my wife family I have accesses to ranches in Floresville, Lytle, Junction, and Mountain Home Texas.

Top Bottom