• ...and so much more!
  • Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I've heard of a few around Austin you could look into. Also, one up in either Temple or Waco. Then more out near Copperas Cove and Gatesville. That's about all the ones I know of within a few hundred miles of you.

Polished Rock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Austin Texas
    Reds North, Pflugerville
    Austin Rifle Club(Need membership)
    Eagle Peak, Cedar Park

Eagle Peak is really more Leander. But it's kinda off the beaten path out in the woods. It's a nice place, not too big with pistol ranges from 7, 15, & 25 yards. Rifle and Shotgun range too. The folks are pleasant and business like and you'll be required to purchase a "Range Card" for $10 that gets you access to the range forever. First time visitors have to watch a mandatory 5+ minute video on range safety, etc. to be granted the range card. After that, you pay for your range day and any other incidentals you may desire. Eagle Peak Shooting Range - "+nowtitle+"

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Eagle Peak is really more Leander. But it's kinda off the beaten path out in the woods. It's a nice place, not too big with pistol ranges from 7, 15, & 25 yards. Rifle and Shotgun range too. The folks are pleasant and business like and you'll be required to purchase a "Range Card" for $10 that gets you access to the range forever. First time visitors have to watch a mandatory 5+ minute video on range safety, etc. to be granted the range card. After that, you pay for your range day and any other incidentals you may desire. Eagle Peak Shooting Range - "+nowtitle+"

That's an interesting observation.

Eagle Peak Shooting Range in Leander, TX - Reviews and Directions

Polished Rock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Austin Texas
    Yeah, the last time I was there it was standing room only in the shop/check in office. Must have been a weekend on a pretty day. But the staff worked diligently to get all the first-timers handled and carded and out to the range. While other customers shopped and bought ammo and stuff. As expected, safety was the big deal in all things. Everyone was civil and well behaved.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Yeah, the last time I was there it was standing room only in the shop/check in office. Must have been a weekend on a pretty day. But the staff worked diligently to get all the first-timers handled and carded and out to the range. While other customers shopped and bought ammo and stuff. As expected, safety was the big deal in all things. Everyone was civil and well behaved.

Thanks for the update. I've had my 'card' for over three years; but haven't actually been back ON the range...just a couple of visits to check it out. I should take the convertible out there this afternoon before the weekend rains show up.(Yeah, right...rain...believe it when I see it ;) ).

cmgray612

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2013
    Leander, Texas
    20 minutes north of Round Rock, in Liberty Hill is Best of the West Range. Static pistol, rifle and skeet ranges as well as the awesome Tac Bays that allow you to run and gun and work on your draw stroke, transitions you name it. And it's not to pricey.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Liberty Hill also holds some of the state and national IDPA matches from what I understand. So just that alone tells me its gotta be a decent range.

Sent from Hicksville.....or while dreaming of Hicksville

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I'd like to tell everyone best of the west is terrible, so they don't clog up the range. But I can't lie. With 30 miles of Austin we have a lot of good ranges and 2 indoor ranges if you're into that sort of thing. I won't judge. Cough cough.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    What about astro shooting range or stans? Ive never been. Thats the complaint I have no close ranges in round rock. Eagles peak isnt tactical friendly. BOFW is but, so is my ranch and its cheaper.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    What about astro shooting range or stans? Ive never been. Thats the complaint I have no close ranges in round rock. Eagles peak isnt tactical friendly. BOFW is but, so is my ranch and its cheaper.

That an invitation? ;)

I shot at BOTW for the first time the other day, and it was awesome. Only complaint is that it's a bit out of the way for me.

Top Bottom