Military Camp

Anyone else going to stop using YouTube?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Forgive me but what are you talking about? ....

The dark web is somewhere that illicit, illegal, or items banned from the regular web exist. As the regular web becomes more censored, doesn't it make sense that at some point, forums like this, or free discussions, or searches that don't filter the results to feed you the angle they want will only be available on the dark web that the big boys don't control?

I'm just taking your thought process further down the path than you've apparently contemplated.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    The dark web is somewhere that illicit, illegal, or items banned from the regular web exist.
    A bit more then that. Some are moving to the dark web on their own volition. Members of the intellectual dark web include Jordan Peterson, Eric Weinstein and Dave Rubin to name a few.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    They aren’t on the actual dark web though. That was just a name that was coined for a group of outspoken critics that caught on. Mostly set apart by the fact that they are capable of in depth discussions and debate on the subject.

And lobsters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    They aren’t on the actual dark web though. That was just a name that was coined for a group of outspoken critics that caught on. Mostly set apart by the fact that they are capable of in depth discussions and debate on the subject.

And lobsters.

Yes, but they are setting up a platform outside the restrictions of other platforms.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yes, but they are setting up a platform outside the restrictions of other platforms.

Well, yeah.

I don’t think we’re on the same page, and it’s probably mostly me. Must have misunderstood your post. Idk, been a long week and I need sleep.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Well, yeah.

I don’t think we’re on the same page, and it’s probably mostly me. Must have misunderstood your post. Idk, been a long week and I need sleep.

I rarely take it personally. No problem.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I don't use Twitter, but then again, maybe society needed wholesale censoring from these oligarch tech companies to spark competition. Nobody was paying a whole lot of attention when they were censoring at a slower pace.

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    Supreme Court protecting freedom of speech.

Protecting free speech, or protecting a national defense asset?

The availability of a platform to disseminate a message fairly and equitably may be interpreted as free speech, but it's an entirely different concept and apparently a confusing one at that. Protecting free speech implies enforcing free speech and subjecting violators to the full force of our nations laws. That has never happened.

Goo, Twit, FB, et. al. all of them have admitted to business practices that violate the principles of free speech. Through selective censorship, silencing views in opposition to their social ideology. They'e done it numerous times with impunity. Censorship that conforms to their corporate ideology or to further an agenda, is not free speech. Its a mythological ideal, nothing more.

The public needs to see the "internet" and all it's permutations for what it is.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Protecting free speech, or protecting a national defense asset?

The availability of a platform to disseminate a message fairly and equitably may be interpreted as free speech, but it's an entirely different concept and apparently a confusing one at that. Protecting free speech implies enforcing free speech and subjecting violators to the full force of our nations laws. That has never happened.

Goo, Twit, FB, et. al. all of them have admitted to business practices that violate the principles of free speech. Through selective censorship, silencing views in opposition to their social ideology. They'e done it numerous times with impunity. Censorship that conforms to their corporate ideology or to further an agenda, is not free speech. Its a mythological ideal, nothing more.

The public needs to see the "internet" and all it's permutations for what it is.
    Okay, I'll put it a better way. Supreme Court protecting the 1st Amendment.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    A first experience for me this morning.

I'm not a regular viewer of Ben Shapiro, but I do watch it from time to time. This morning, although the show was on live, I decided to start it from the beginning. He was talking about a student that was in the Parkland school shooting, that advocated for the 2nd amendment, and how he was admitted to Harvard three months ago. Harvard rescinded his admission due to media smear over a private Facebook comment with friends. Anyway, I got about 7 minutes into his commentary when all of the sudden it comes up "video is no longer available". I have seen where I click on a video and it states that, but never while I was watching it. Now I wonder if it was that story that got it removed or some other story in the program. I'm not a member of Ben's show, so it could still be on the Daily Wire's website.

I'm hoping to hear what it was that got it removed, but then YouTube doesn't need much of an excuse anyway.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Ben is about as strait laced as it gets. I enjoy his show.

Just realized I haven’t gotten any notifications for it in a long time. It’s happened with several channels I watch where I get mysteriously unsubscribed.

Top Bottom