• ...and so much more!
  • craigntx

Masta Copypasta
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    I applied and was approved for $1500
    I figured id start small and just get another glock.
    Was sent an invoice that showed $60 admin labor. Wtf?
    No way in hell im paying over 10% of the gun cost plus whatever interest the finance co will hit me with. The finance co. Is military credit somethingorother
    Now wondering about early pay off penalties
    Venture Surplus ad

Last edited:

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I applied and was approved for $1500
    I figured id start small and just get another glock.
    Was sent an invoice that showed $60 admin labor. Wtf?
    No way in hell im paying over 10% of the gun cost plus whatever interest the finance co will hit me with.
    Now wondering about early pay off penalties

Did you already buy the Glock?

Do they have the terms posted when you apply?

Just curious. I haven't heard of that place before...

craigntx

Masta Copypasta
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    Did you already buy the Glock?

Do they have the terms posted when you apply?

Just curious. I haven't heard of that place before...

Theyre in texass
    No they just sent the invoice.
    If i approve the terms then the finance co sends me their #'s.
    If i approve that the gun is sent to ffl.

I sent gag an email im not paying over 10% of the gun cost on top of the interest

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    It's fully disclosed in their terms which is a link on the layaway page. My work is near their store and I've bought mine directly. I did notice their layaway and buy now/pay later link but immediately saw the terms. Nothing I would do due to the admin fee.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    If you can't buy it cash, you can't afford it.

Their printed terms:

• Administrative Labor: For transactions under $400, the purchase price of the firearm will be increased by $50 to cover GAG's administrative costs. For transactions over $400, the purchase price of the firearm will be increased by 12% to cover GAG's administrative costs. Administrative costs are separate from and not included in any finance charges accessed by the actual lender. Finance charges, if applicable, are based on creditworthines and are determined by lender. They will be fully disclosed in your credit agreement in accordance with applicable Truth in Lending Laws.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I've bought from them before, although my GPS tried it's best to prevent me from doing so. (Ended up in some residential neighborhood 15 miles away) They had a deal on a Colt 1911 that was too good to pass up.

Spent over an hour in the store while they tried to figure out why the serial number for my pony showed to be a Mossberg 500 in their system. After half an hour I told them take a picture, write down the serial number, figure it out on your own time.

That didn't work at first but after an hour I said forget it. Give me my money back and I'm leaving. They finally agreed to let me leave when I said I wasn't waiting anymore and wanted my money now.

Prices are good, but customer service left a bitter taste in my mouth.

I'll second the notion, if you can't afford to pay cash now, wait to make the purchase.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I purchased one firearm from them directly over the counter.
    No issues and a good price on the gun.
    Are they still located by the airport?

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    Wow. 10% on top of finance charges? That's loan shark territory rates there. You can get a credit card that will give you a better rate than that. And "cash back" to boot.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I saw the ad, read the terms and clicked away in a hurry. Everybody offers layaway and you really can make it a few months until its paid off before going to the range. A couple times a year even Carters Country offers some good terms.

AR1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    I have bought 2 or 3 guns there including the Colt mentioned by F350-6. That purchase took me 2 trips and several phone calls just to make the purchase. CS was awful but the price was too good to pass up. Later bought an R1 at $435 OTD after rebate. I figured out that the way to buy from them is to buy& pay online for store pickup if you are local. They may have a way to buy online/pay at pickup now.
    That was a year ago. Haven't seen any good deals from them since.

Layaway, store credit or any variation of those is the most expensive way to buy anything. I use a credit card to get the points or miles, or I pay cash.

PS: Speaking of deals, Crazy Gun dealer in Alvarado has complete AR15s for $399

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I've bought from them before, although my GPS tried it's best to prevent me from doing so. (Ended up in some residential neighborhood 15 miles away) They had a deal on a Colt 1911 that was too good to pass up.

Spent over an hour in the store while they tried to figure out why the serial number for my pony showed to be a Mossberg 500 in their system. After half an hour I told them take a picture, write down the serial number, figure it out on your own time.

That didn't work at first but after an hour I said forget it. Give me my money back and I'm leaving. They finally agreed to let me leave when I said I wasn't waiting anymore and wanted my money now.

Prices are good, but customer service left a bitter taste in my mouth.

I'll second the notion, if you can't afford to pay cash now, wait to make the purchase.

They have pretty good prices, fairly close to me. I've bought 2 guns from them. They have one guy who is so SLOOOOOWWW on the computer. Uses 1-finger-hunt-n-peck method. Nice people, just slow. I've only used cash.

Top Bottom