• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ReVrEnD_0341

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    This is a comparison chart made by Rob_s, and it has been posted with the permission of Rob_s.

The chart is of the info outlined in the Technical Data Package, and shows what these manufacturers adhere to out of that outline. This is just to show you what is done, and what is not done, and what you are getting for your money. If Rob would like, I open the forum to to him, and we are inviting him to come visit. Thanks for the chart Rob!

071120-AR-Comparison-Chart.jpg

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Heck yeah he's welcome! :) We'd love to have more knowledgeable people here. That's a pretty comprehensive list, and thank you very much Rob for compiling it.

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I think I can say for the amount I paid, the S&W M&P-15 is the most gun. Not sure about the barrel, but it is chrome-lined. I haven't yet had a jam, so the M4 ramps haven't been necessary. One thing they didn't mention is the staking on the gas keys. On my S&W, they are staked vertically, which people claim is a problem. I guess when they loosen up I'll buy a staking punch and do them myself.

ReVrEnD_0341

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Nolan, Staked gas key is #5 under critical items.

XTPHP1- This is just the list of the most recognisable manufacturers. If you are looking for info from a manufacturer that is listed, but a different model of their weapons, just take the info posted, and you can apply it to pretty much all of their stuff.

ReVrEnD_0341

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    werd. What really pisses me off about one manufacturer i.e. Bushmaster, used to make some good hard use AR's, but since the AWB went away, their QC has went down the drain.

In all seriousness though. If someone is just wanting an AR to play around with at the range, any AR will do. But for a good, hard use, high round count, I need to trust it with my life, you gotta pay, and sometimes pay big. I remember when you could get a good hard use AR for $500. My how times have changed.

While Colt adheres to the TDP, I can't help but dislike the feel of their operation. I much prefer LMT, or Noveske when it comes to function.

rob_s

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Thanks for the welcome guys, and please use the chart in good health!

If any of you find any reason to question something in the chart, and have photographic or other evidence to back it up please PM or email me to let me know so that I can make adjustments. This is an ever-changing market and hopefully resources like this chart will influence the manufacturers to make changes as the consumers educate themselves.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Thanks for the welcome guys, and please use the chart in good health!

If any of you find any reason to question something in the chart, and have photographic or other evidence to back it up please PM or email me to let me know so that I can make adjustments. This is an ever-changing market and hopefully resources like this chart will influence the manufacturers to make changes as the consumers educate themselves.

Thanks for letting us use it Rob. It's nice to be able to look at a chart and know what you are getting for the money. Sometimes it's hard to read through the bull on company websites.

texasyid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    I'm old school so for me it is Colt all the way. Would I turn my nose up at a Noveske Heck no!

ReVrEnD_0341

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I have been having the same feelings k. I have all these older rifles from before that list came out that just wont quit, but supposedly are junk. I don't know though. I'll never shoot a colt. They feel like crap, shoot like crap, and I just DO NOT like them at all. My franken gun will out perform any of the factory guns on that list though...

ReVrEnD_0341

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    The items on the list for the chart on the left side are what is in the TDP. Not sure what the exact minute stuff like steal used and what not, but I'll try to find it for ya.

Top Bottom