• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    Anyone have any experience with the drop-in trigger kits for AR15s. I picked up a Noveske Chainsaw lower a few weeks ago and I'm starting to put together a list of components I'd like to get. Eventually I plan on mting the lower to a LaRue 12" Stealth Upper.

I've seen reviews on the CMC (Chip McCormick) and Timney triggers. How do the two compare and are there others you'd recommend? Please keep comments to the drop-in variety... I just like the idea of a self contained trigger group.

I'm relatively new to building ARs so excuse my noob-ness...
    Guns International

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I've owned them all and I am very much a fan of CMC triggers. In my mind they have no equal.

They're also made in Texas which is a major plus in my book.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I have CMC triggers and really like them. Good customer service if you need it.

Jards are not drop in, but are a good trigger also..........well if you have the patience to deal with the installation.

(BTW, you assemble ARs, doubtful you are actually building one. ;))

Last edited:

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    Looks like the CMC and Giselle are *relatively* close in price so that bears looking into. TXARGUY, why do you like the CMC trigger kit over all others? I assume you've had a chance to use a Giselle so what makes the CMC better? The reason I ask is because the straight trigger option is interesting to me...

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    I'm a fan of Timney. Never tried Geiselle or any others, save the chrome looking battle trigger from spikes which was not too impressive. I like single stage and a 3.5# pull. Timney gives me that. What ever else I could get for $300 is something I don't need. Hell $200 is real hard for me to spend on a trigger. But worth it. Just picked up two more.

NorthTXMike

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2013
    Im a big fan of Timney. Triggers are all a matter of personal preference, so if you know anyone who has the triggers you're looking at installed and can let you try them, that would probably be your best bet.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Buy a giselle. Its basically "drop in" . I like the ssa-e but heard they have some nice new triggers for the budget minded.

^ This. None of the worries of an adjustable trigger, all of the durability of a good quality GI trigger, with an excellent pull that no one can really complain about.

1994SVTLightning

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    I just ordered the 2 stage RRA national match and JP power springs off Joe bobs Wednesday and its waiting on my doorstep now when I get off work. I'm excited to install it and test it out. 125 is about what I spent

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Installed the AR Gold drop in set in both my AR15 and AR10.

I don;t have a lot of trigger time with different trigger sets. But these guys are amazing.

Techna

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Magnolia, Texas
    See if you can find a place that has a number of triggers mounted that you can actually try. For instance, in the Houston area Texas Tactical has several fixtures duplicating AR lowers that have different triggers in them for you to test for feel. Primary Arms usually has several of the guys complete guns on hand with nice triggers in them too. Places like these may exist close to you. I had tried a number of different triggers that I didn't already own on various guns elsewhere (mostly friends and family's guns and at local 3 gun matches) but hitting these two places allowed me to try two more that I had been considering. Im glad for this opportunity because I ended up buying a Geissele SD3G even though I had convinced myself that I would not like the flat trigger bow and also that I wanted buck the trend a little and buy something other than another Geissele.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Geissele SSA.

On an AR the drop ins aren't really any easier to work with or more durable than regular triggers. It takes maybe a couple minutes to switch out a regular trigger. Geissele's include slave pins in their packaging to make it even easier.

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    Does anyone have any experience with the G2S (Giessele 2-stage)? I'm thinking about setting up a DMR with one of the Larue uppers and love two-stage triggers. I've been spoiled by the KIDD 10/22 triggers and would really enjoy something as light and crisp in the AR platform.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    The answer depends a lot on you and how you're going to use the rifle. For a run and gun rifle, single stage is generally going to be better, for longer-range slow fire accuracy, look for a two stage trigger.

^ This. None of the worries of an adjustable trigger, all of the durability of a good quality GI trigger, with an excellent pull that no one can really complain about.

I'll pass because Geiselle only makes two stage triggers. Not really complaining, it's just that for accuracy at speed, a single stage can't really be beat, especially when you're transitioning from target to target.

Top Bottom