Guns International

Army faces "tiktok mutiny"? How are these troops still in the service?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    We complained about the same things in the 60s and 70s. Just didn't have social media to do it with. Things in those areas improved after we implemented the all volunteer army seems like. Actually the food was never that bad IMO. The pay? Well don't expect to get rich diggin' a ditch. But you won't starve to death either.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    These whinny butt holes would never had made it when I was in the army 67 - 69.

In basic, one guy didn't like showering, well, after he was helped with a steel brush
    he showered in the morning and at night. All some people need is a little motivating.

The fat heavy set guys got little to eat and the skinny ones got double helpings.

We were told that you didn't have to like it, you just had to do it.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    In basic, one guy didn't like showering, well, after he was helped with a steel brush
    he showered in the morning and at night. All some people need is a little motivating.
    I think they make sure there is at least one of those in every basic training platoon. In addition to not showering, the guy would rinse out his fatigues in the latrine sink and hang them in his wall locker to dry. He was tough to march behind. He also had a fetish for tooth brushes.

Also in basic, we had no hot water for showering or shaving. Not that it ran out, there just wasn't any. Plenty of hot water when I got to jump school, but if you were at the end of the chow line there wasn't much food left.

Last edited:

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    We complained about the same things in the 60s and 70s. Just didn't have social media to do it with. Things in those areas improved after we implemented the all volunteer army seems like. Actually the food was never that bad IMO. The pay? Well don't expect to get rich diggin' a ditch. But you won't starve to death either.
    If a soldier ain't bitching about something, something is wrong. The pay and food have always been on the lists of soldier whining and always will. However, how and to whom they complain, could cause them more serious problems.

Last edited:

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    True. It goes back millennia but when you go public the brass reacts differently. In '82, there was a NATO conference in Colorado Springs. Some folks protested including an Army SPC. He was on camera in uniform with a sign about the U.S. out of NATO. The brass - either MG Hudachek or BG Powell - had him discharged.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Service members have always said this stuff, and the reason people have always had these complaints is because a lot of it is accurate. They just got more attention because of the platform they used to say it.

Cool 'Horn Luke

Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2022
    Corsicana, TX
    Unbelievable, I don't how much more softening of the recruitment process/appeasement to the snowflakes during training our military readiness can handle. Towards the end of my service, late '90s, I was seeing the start of this downward slide. I can only imagine how bad it is now. If this is where we're at now, return to the higher standards, maintain a smaller core of professional soldiers/sailors/airmen, and when the shit hits the fan, these worthless snowflakes can either sink or swim, but they WILL be in uniform when drafted.

BTW, anyone else notice the common denominator of those posting to the ChiComm app?

Nicholst55

Retired, Twice.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2021
    Houston Area
    I would expect those soon-to-be former soldiers will shortly be stomped on by the Army - if they haven't been already. These days, NCOs are responsible for monitoring their soldiers' social media accounts and taking action when something similar happens. Then they'll be like the cornholing senate staffer who was just fired - they'll be "victims," threatening lawsuits.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Pop was Top Sgt.. when I was in High School I workedcKP at several of the mess halls on FtbHood. The food was better in the worst one than you got at any place off post. One of the ones I worked the most had 2 lines, 1 for regular meals and 1 for fast food. Fast food line even had Pinto beans w/ham hocks most meals. Regular food line, it was not uncommon to have T-bones or Prime Rib. 4 star bakers for deserts. Mess Sgt had 2 rules.
    1- You get coffee from the oldest coffee urn, not the freshest. He would run you out if he caught you.
    2- take as much as you want, but not more than you could eat.

Most of the mess halls on post are better than the 1970s when I worked out there.
    Most of the ones that complain about not seeing combat,,,well, they don't need to. Most of them would not do as well as they think they would. Always been that way, always will.
    And soldiers gripe. Always have. It's what they do best anyway. That is never going to change.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    My daughter-in-law joined the army about 15 years ago, before she was married to my son. She never made it through boot camp. Whined and was "sick" the entire time so she got kicked out of boot camp after signing paperwork stating she was never in the service.

Nicholst55

Retired, Twice.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2021
    Houston Area
    I ate at the Dining Facility on the post where I worked in Korea a few times. The food was actually quite good - for DFAC food. It wasn't up to even a 3-star restaurant, but there was a wide variety, and plenty of food was available. Even back when I was in (73-93), a lot of young soldiers would rather spend their limited pay on fast food than eat at the DFAC. I never did understand that.

Top Bottom