Lynx Defense

Atf rule banning private sales requires FFL rumored for fall.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ... From what I'm understanding of the new rule is that if you make any profit from a gun sale then you are required to be a dealer. Using another dealer for the transfer doesn't alleviate the condition.
    Not my reading but I'm not a good source on this. I haven't studied as much as I should since I feel pretty sure it's going to be discussed and analyzed ad nauseum for the next few years. I really don't want to start early. That said...

Real, quantifiable profit, i.e. selling guns with the intent of making a living, was a critical element of the previous definition. The new wording seems designed to remove true profit (making a living) from the equation and simply allow the government to assert that any sale constitutes dealing for profit, whether there's a profit or evidence of a profit or not. IOW, it seems designed to define dealer as broadly as possible, thus allowing the ATF to be as random in enforcement as they find expedient, whatever the reason.

I've said this before but the chief LEO responsible for GCA68 enforcement in Boston when it passed (and I'm not sure exactly what agency that was at the time) was quoted as saying he would prosecute as an unlicensed dealer anyone in his jurisdiction who sold more than one gun per year.

The new wording gives the ATF the leeway to do exactly that. And worse.

The reasoning behind all this seems, from my point of view, to be twofold.
    1. It's always a public good to make life shittier for gun owners because the 2A is a relic we need to disembowel, neuter, and remove, and
    2. If we keep this up, every firearm on the continent will eventually go through a dealer so that when we finally, publicly stand up our universal gun registration database, after spending a few more years copying 4473 data into it, it will be as complete as possible.
    I agree with Sasquatch; more people are about to take up 3D printing as a hobby.

jetcycles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Shoreacres, TX
    What a fucking tool.
    Properly indoctrinated government slave, how sad. Probably mutters phrases along the lines of "if you're not doing anything wrong you have nothing to worry about" and other nonsense of the sort. That's the type of person I imagine snot nose crying when the boots are on their neck for once while mumbling "but please, I have all of my papers right here" while waving a stack of useless garbage in the air as if anyone actually gives a ****. Poor cuck is probably reading this from atop of their tall horse while totally oblivious to their own superiority complex.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

racknsac

"War Is A Racket" Major General Smedley Butler
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2024
    Waxahachie
    And away we go.

Biden wants to ban private sales unless you have an ffl. Cause all guns go up in value and youre making a profit. They also want to end online sale.

You can thank Cornhole for phucking us on this one.

I do believe we've finally arrived at a point of secession from the Union.

Last edited:

covelli007

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2023
    Rockwall
    And away we go.

Biden wants to ban private sales unless you have an ffl. Cause all guns go up in value and youre making a profit. They also want to end online sale.

You can thank Cornhole for phucking us on this one.

This is why democrats shouldn’t have guns, they support this crap so they should be banned from buying guns

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I do believe we've finally arrived at a point of succession from the Union.

Maybe time for Texas to succeed.
    IMG_7445.jpeg

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Free gun with ammo purchase.
    No, they have that covered too.

Beginning with the last paragraph on Page 26 and reading into the first paragraph of page 27, the reader sees clearly that the ATF is defining the terms: “Defining these terms to include any method of payment for a firearm would clarify that persons cannot avoid the licensing requirement by, for instance, bartering or providing or receiving services in exchange for firearms with the predominant intent to earn pecuniary gain even where no money is exchanged.”

Last edited:
    Top Bottom