AXXE'S MID APRIL EAST TEXAS APRIL EVENT!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    I probably shouldn't post these, but what the hell.

@Axxe55 and my Glock.
    4,15,2023 axxx55 013.JPG

AND..I'll let you guess who's in the blue shirt shooting my Glock

new 007.JPG

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    I have never understood the hatred for Glocks when there are much worse shit out there.
    It's just the grip angle. It's different enough that a 1911 and 99% of other hand gun shooters have to nose down from a natrual grip. Just look at Axe, he's shooting high. It's a non issue if you only shoot glocks. Plus the Glock fan boys make it easy. Same reason people hate on the Cowboys

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    It's just the grip angle. It's different enough that a 1911 and 99% of other hand gun shooters have to nose down from a natrual grip. Just look at Axe, he's shooting high. It's a non issue if you only shoot glocks. Plus the Glock fan boys make it easy. Same reason people hate on the Cowboys
    I have 2 Glocks one I bought for my wife when her mom said she needed a sail foam for protection, when sail foams were first being pushed reasonably priced. I still that Glock could count the sail foams she went thru.

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    I have 2 Glocks one I bought for my wife when her mom said she needed a sail foam for protection, when sail foams were first being pushed reasonably priced. I still that Glock could count the sail foams she went thru.
    I did lose 7lbs today at work but Im not sure which one of us is having a stroke. wtf is a sail foam?

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    It's more than that, but in a nutshell that's as good a reason as any. I don't like glock at all but I learned to shoot them. To many out there to not have learned. My preference will always be 1911 or da/sa. But that is why there are more than one design.

hornetguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    At this point, for serious carry (church security team) I carry a Glock 19, Gen 5. For whatever reason, when I practice fast drawing from under an untucked shirt or a jacket, my hand finds the grip of the Glock perfectly.

My draw is right at a second... not having to even think about wiping off a safety helps (I think)
    It's accurate enough for close quarter gunfights....

I'm impatiently awaiting the arrival of my SDS Tanker 1911, and am curious to see how it compares, carry wise, to the Glock.

8 rounds of .45 should be enough to distract a bad guy semi-permanently, but I definitely will have to practice mag swaps....

All of this to say, I have no problemo with a Glock or a 1911... my daily carry is a mini-1911... the Sig P938.

The Glock at 10 yards....

Glock 10yds.jpg

Top Bottom