• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    I finally ordered an OKC-3S the other week. Next I need to set up a bayonet course like we had at Parris Island.
    Is that one the pig sticker? The long brown bayonet? Been years since I ran some courses but the commands and moves are still fresh.

The 16” barrel kind of made the bayonet go away on the AR’s.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I collect Soviet/Warsaw Pact AK bayonets, and have a few others I've picked up over the years.

I believe they have worth in certain combat situations, but their usefulness on the battlefield is becoming less and less.

The last major bayonet charge in American military history took place on a hill in Korea on February 7, 1951.

Company commander Lewis Millet led E company of the 2nd Bat, 27th Reg (7th Div) up a hill, capturing the hill against heavy enemy resistance. 20 of the enemy were found to have died as a result of being bayoneted.

There is a claim the last real bayonet charge was in May 2004 conducted by the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders in Iraq, known as the Battle of Danny Boy. While waiting for reinforcements the British were involved in one of the fiercest engagements they fought in Iraq. The fighting involved close-quarter rifle fire and bayonets.

There isn't a single explanation as to why they had to use bayonets, or how many casualties were caused by them.

The Scots Guards also assaulted Argentinian positions using bayonets during the Falklands War in 1982.

In 2010, the US Army discontinued Bayonet drills in favor of calisthenics training.

But I will admit, I did buy one of these on a lark...

1694272559078.png

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I’m a fan.
    Only have a few nowadays.
    Agree with the previous poster that they’re most effective as an intimidation tool.
    My favorite post hurricane anti-looter device is an 1897 Winchester Trench gun with a M1917 bayonet attached. Lootie will think twice.

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    I collect Soviet/Warsaw Pact AK bayonets, and have a few others I've picked up over the years.

I believe they have worth in certain combat situations, but their usefulness on the battlefield is becoming less and less.

The last major bayonet charge in American military history took place on a hill in Korea on February 7, 1951.

Company commander Lewis Millet led E company of the 2nd Bat, 27th Reg (7th Div) up a hill, capturing the hill against heavy enemy resistance. 20 of the enemy were found to have died as a result of being bayoneted.

There is a claim the last real bayonet charge was in May 2004 conducted by the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders in Iraq, known as the Battle of Danny Boy. While waiting for reinforcements the British were involved in one of the fiercest engagements they fought in Iraq. The fighting involved close-quarter rifle fire and bayonets.

There isn't a single explanation as to why they had to use bayonets, or how many casualties were caused by them.

The Scots Guards also assaulted Argentinian positions using bayonets during the Falklands War in 1982.

In 2010, the US Army discontinued Bayonet drills in favor of calisthenics training.

But I will admit, I did buy one of these on a lark...

View attachment 405208

Yes, I cover some of it in my video and at the end showed some Russian bayonets we got in Iraq. I kind of wish I kept more of the different AK bayonets I had. But got them to give away and having 20 plus seemed excessive

I kind of get why the Russians and East/Europe mounted bayonets upside down, but do you know why the Russian bayonets have the hand lanyard reversed as well? I assume it was more for blocking and maybe side stabs?

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    Bayonets are pretty cool.

They are a neat part of history. I do question if the future military firearms will have them and if soldiers will train with them.
    They are a good option for civil unrest, that seems to be a direction most places are going to. More for intimidation and a less lethal compliance, be it at riots or your own property, vs just shooting people.

Under Texas law, the threat of force, is not the same as the use of force.

Sec. 9.04. THREATS AS JUSTIFIABLE FORCE. The threat of force is justified when the use of force is justified by this chapter. For purposes of this section, a threat to cause death or serious bodily injury by the production of a weapon or otherwise, as long as the actor's purpose is limited to creating an apprehension that he will use deadly force if necessary, does not constitute the use of deadly force.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I am reminded of a joke from WWI. A sergeant is teaching the young recruits the finer points of the use of a bayonet. Sergeant: "..and if your bayonet gets stuck, just fire a round and it will dislodge it." A young private from Texas spoke up: "Sarge, if I have a round left, that Hun ain't gettin' close enough to get stuck on my bayonet."

Top Bottom