• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xkon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2020
    Houston
    How many here are members of or have experience at Bayou Rifles? They have some longer distance ranges up to 1000 yards. I would like to start getting into some of their competition shoots in the near future. I have orientation for the range coming up in the next few weeks.

What feedback does anyone have, positive or negative?
    Capitol Armory ad

Last edited:

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    I've been a member since 2010. IMO it's a decent range and geared towards the NRA shooting disciplines. Bullseye, high-power, silhouette, etc. No running and gunning going on there.They're pretty intense on the rules because of severe range encroachment from the new neighborhoods that have popped up around it. The 1k range is paper only, and most people aren't set up for shooting paper at that distance. I've only been to Addicks once to shoot a bullseye match. It floods every time we get a good rain, so expect range closures there. Overall, it's worth joining over going to a public range.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

sparkyv

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Deepinnaheartta, Texas
    12 yr BRI member; it's a great club, though I'm not a competitive shooter. Admission is allowed as openings become available; must get on waiting list. Rules are strictly adhered to; as part of orientation process, there is a quiz. There are two locations, and ranges are covered; bring your own drinking water. Only shooting from ready position allowed; no drawing from holster, no rapid fire. Member dues are well-managed and spent on constant improvements.

Addicks range is limited to handguns, rimfires, air rifles, and most PCCs. Fri-Sun only, RSO must be on duty. Siluetas at 40/60/75/100m are really fun, especially for new/young shooters. Only amenities is a shaded picnic bench and porta-a-potty. Land is leased from US Army Corps of Engineers; it's located in the reservoir, so that's why it floods, usually no more than once per year.

Juliff range range allows most firearms upto and including except for .50 cal. Shooting at ranges longer than 300yds requires qualification. Very nice pistol bays, shotgun areas, great rifle ranges. This range has a real bathroom, and land is owned by the club, open every day.

Last edited:

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    12 yr BRI member; it's a great club, though I'm not a competitive shooter. Admission is allowed as openings become available; must get on waiting list. Rules are strictly adhered to; as part of orientation process, there is a quiz. There are two locations, and ranges are covered; bring your own drinking water. Only shooting from ready position allowed; no drawing from holster, no rapid fire. Member dues are well-managed and spent on constant improvements.

Addicks range is limited to handguns, rimfires, air rifles, and most PCCs. Fri-Sun only, RSO must be on duty. Siluetas at 40/60/75/100m are really fun, especially for new/young shooters. Only amenities is a shaded picnic bench and porta-a-potty. Land is leased from US Army Corps of Engineers; it's located in the reservoir, so that's why it floods, usually no more than once per year.

Juliff range range allows most firearms upto and including .50 cal. Shooting at ranges longer than 300yds requires qualification. Very nice pistol bays, shotgun areas, great rifle ranges. This range has a real bathroom, and land is owned by the club, open every day.
    No 50's at Juliff. Hwy 6 is in the fallout zone if one goes over the berm according to the BOD.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

xkon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2020
    Houston
    Appreciate the info. Seems like it would be a good range for what I'm looking for. For target practice, looking for long range bench shooting primarily so that fits the bill. Signed up sight unseen to get in on the orientation mainly for the available shooting distances, glad there is some positive feedback for the range.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom