• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Yes/No. Even if it happens off duty it obviously causes work issues.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    what is the issue at work though? Someone jealous that they weren’t involved? Did the department own the phones being used? If they were personal phones then text messages between consenting adults should be their business only, and if someone catches their spouse cheating then that is between them.
    Guns International

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    what is the issue at work though? Someone jealous that they weren’t involved? Did the department own the phones being used? If they were personal phones then text messages between consenting adults should be their business only, and if someone catches their spouse cheating then that is between them.

Kind of my thought too.

Not condoning cheating, just that I don't see why its the department's business.

My dad was a cop for over 30 years, and cheating was not uncommon, and divorce even more common among cops.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Everyone is asking about what the problem is amongst consenting adults. BCSO has employment policies that cover prohibited activities including conduct unbecoming a Deputy and fraternization.

The rules of the road are a condition of employment and nobody is required to work for BCSO. But anyone choosing to work for BCSO has to follow the policies of the department.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Here are some of the issues I have seen in places I have worked where this happened.
    1. Jealous spouse come the the office threatening people. Workplace safety.
    2. One person quits and creates a manpower issue. Sometimes they destroy or Saratoga things on the way out.
    3. People treat them differently by alienating them or harassing them.
    4. If it's an employee and supervisor or executive they lower lever employee gets fired occasionally.
    5. Creates a workplace distraction.
    6. Other employees spouses assume their spouse is doing something similar since it's acceptable behavior in that workplace.
    7. I'm sure there is more but this is what I've seen.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Here are some of the issues I have seen in places I have worked where this happened.
    1. Jealous spouse come the the office threatening people. Workplace safety.
    2. One person quits and creates a manpower issue. Sometimes they destroy or Saratoga things on the way out.
    3. People treat them differently by alienating them or harassing them.
    4. If it's an employee and supervisor or executive they lower lever employee gets fired occasionally.
    5. Creates a workplace distraction.
    6. Other employees spouses assume their spouse is doing something similar since it's acceptable behavior in that workplace.
    7. I'm sure there is more but this is what I've seen.

all of that is true, but it’s not unique to this situation. They would have to fire everyone they employ to eliminate those risks.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    THERE IS GOOD REASONS THATSUCH BEHAVIOR IS FROWNED UPON AND DETERRED! A LOT OF PEOPLE THINK THAT WHAT HAPPENS BETWEEN TWO CONSENTING ADULTSSHOULD BE ONLY THEIR BUSINESS BUT MOST OF THE TIME THEIR DRAMA GETS INTO THE WORKPLACE AND DRAGS OTHERS OUTSIDE OF THE RELATIONSHIP INTO THE DRAMA

Last edited:

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    Been going on for a long time with SAPD, and cost one officer his life...
    SAPD always had shift change parties, where a lot of inter department tom F*^kery went on.
    Back around 88 or 89, dispatcher was bopping an officer, who happened to be a friend of dispatcher's husband.
    Husband started suspecting something was going on, but didn't know who.
    Talked to his friend, the officer, who promptly cut off the affair.
    Dispatcher got pissed, was heard saying something about getting back at the officer who dumped her by ignoring his calls.
    Within a month, officer came across to guys burglarizing a burger joint up on 410 near the airport, called for back-up, that never came due to dispatcher's revenge. Cop got shot, and died.
    It was all swept under the rug at SAPD.

So don't even try to F*^king justify cheating....
    It ruins lives. The cop's, the family of the dispatcher, and the dispatcher's.
    Someone who cheats can't be trusted on anything, PERIOD.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    The NUMBER ONE RULE for successfully committing any crime is DON'T LEAVE ANY EVIDENCE! Sexting or sexual harassment or any other such crap on a cell phone creates records with the time, date, location, phone number, not to mention (in some cases) A PHOTOGRAPH of the PERPETRATOR!

You have to be dumb as a rock to do this and not expect to get in some kind of trouble. Fire them all - not because of what they did but because anyone that stupid shouldn't be in law enforcement.

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    Not sure I would want to see sexting photos of that group...
    anim_puke.gif

Not even the woman, she may be one of the SA women that Charles Barkley is always talking about.

E915AFEC-346A-4127-86D7-4A7E4DD91077-1024x576.jpeg

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    The NUMBER ONE RULE for successfully committing any crime is DON'T LEAVE ANY EVIDENCE! Sexting or sexual harassment or any other such crap on a cell phone creates records with the time, date, location, phone number, not to mention (in some cases) A PHOTOGRAPH of the PERPETRATOR!

You have to be dumb as a rock to do this and not expect to get in some kind of trouble. Fire them all - not because of what they did but because anyone that stupid shouldn't be in law enforcement.
    What crime was committed?

Top Bottom