Patriot Mobile

Best place to post firearm sales for local people?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wataman

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 27, 2024
    Texas
    Ouch.. that’s about 4 hours south of me.. I’ll see what I can do, but might need to wait for something a little closer to DFW.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Saw David Bowie on the “Glass Spider” tour. Peter Frampton was his guitarist. Wild show.

I wish I'd had a chance to actually see Bowie. He's on my list of greats that I missed by "that much"...Ray Charles ("I'll catch him next time"), Roy Orbison (what? He's in town? Dammit!), Johnny Cash (I'll catch him next time), John Lee Hooker (why doesn't Antones advertise better! I would've gone!), BB King (next tour, I'm there!), and now Bowie (I really thought he'd be around forever).

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I wish I'd had a chance to actually see Bowie. He's on my list of greats that I missed by "that much"...Ray Charles ("I'll catch him next time"), Roy Orbison (what? He's in town? Dammit!), Johnny Cash (I'll catch him next time), John Lee Hooker (why doesn't Antones advertise better! I would've gone!), BB King (next tour, I'm there!), and now Bowie (I really thought he'd be around forever).
    Ready to hate me?

Have seen everyone on your list. A couple in tiny venues. ( Johnny Cash at Emo’s in Austin, John Lee Hooker at an invitation only event in Chicago )

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Don't let folks scare you off here, it's a lot better/safer that Texas Gun Trader which descended into and swilled around in the deepest recesses of Hell over the past several years.

I've bought several firearms from people on here with great experiences, and this forum helps validate their bona fides; but being new you'll have to gain that trust and confidence.

The great thing is you can be confident that longtime and established members on here are safe bets as well. Just be sure to have a healthy suspicion of the new guys (like yourself!).

Another recommendation is to forego such silly concepts as bills of sale or having to complete a transaction through a FFL when not needed. Also don't be "that guy" who thinks their Glock is something special when all of us know it's not (as Todd alluded). That will just drive potential buyers away.

Do your research on Texas laws concerning the private sale of firearms, and the guns you want to sell, and you should do well.

Expect people to barter, it's all a part of the game; and if you can't reach a mutual price, walk away. No harm no foul on either parties' part.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Ready to hate me?

Have seen everyone on your list. A couple in tiny venues. ( Johnny Cash at Emo’s in Austin, John Lee Hooker at an invitation only event in Chicago )

Man, I wanted to see Cash at Emo's, but there just wasn't enough other reason to justify affording a SXSW membership. That was when I said "Ok, cool, his career is taking back off, surely he'll tour again...I'll catch him next time". I'm not sure he ever came through Austin again.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Man, I wanted to see Cash at Emo's, but there just wasn't enough other reason to justify affording a SXSW membership. That was when I said "Ok, cool, his career is taking back off, surely he'll tour again...I'll catch him next time". I'm not sure he ever came through Austin again.
    He did. Played at the Frank Irwin Center. Not as cool a show, but it was still pretty awesome.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    He did. Played at the Frank Irwin Center. Not as cool a show, but it was still pretty awesome.

What year? Probably right after I moved to Dallas...

Ah, well. I at least got to see Chuck Berry and Chubby Checker (same concert!), and saw the Righteous Brothers before Bobby Hatfield died.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    By the way, I am a huge fan of the movie Snatch!

1706640733101.png

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I still don't see why someone doesn't just read through a few threads, make some genuine comments or state an opinion and hit 25 posts. It really wouldn't take more than a half hour of effort and they might actually learn something. Sadly every time someone is in a rush to post on our classifieds they throw out some crackhead prices on common used guns. A few years ago it was all the "AR packages".

This is still a great forum to put it out there in you local area and if it's really a square deal you're offering, you'll find plenty of people willing to travel. Make a few comments, introduce yourself and enjoy.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    Some people think rules don't apply to them.
    I may read a fng first post, then scroll past anything they have to say
    until they have been here awhile.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I still don't see why someone doesn't just read through a few threads, make some genuine comments or state an opinion and hit 25 posts. It really wouldn't take more than a half hour of effort and they might actually learn something. Sadly every time someone is in a rush to post on our classifieds they throw out some crackhead prices on common used guns. A few years ago it was all the "AR packages".

This is still a great forum to put it out there in you local area and if it's really a square deal you're offering, you'll find plenty of people willing to travel. Make a few comments, introduce yourself and enjoy.

Some of 'em do. They're the ones that tend to stick around for a while and make friends.

Top Bottom