• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdubecky

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 18, 2021
    McKinney, Texas
    I'm relatively new to firearms (a couple years) and have mostly been focused on pistol shooting, but I bought a Bergara 6.5 CM earlier this year and intend to grow my rifle fundamentals. A link to my specific rifle on Scheels website is below for help answering the below questions. It doesn't have a rail of any sort for mounting a bipod, but has the posts with holes (not sure what they are called).

https://www.scheels.com/p/bergara-s...=search-guns#q=bergara 6.5 creedmoor&start=12

Anyway, my questions are:
    1) what characteristics do you look for in your bipods for longer-range shooting (500+ yards)?
    2) what is high value bipod brand/model?
    3) how do I mount it to my specific rifle given the hardware on it?

I'm grateful for any guidance from a some of you with experience/wisdom.

Blessings,
    Mark
    ARJ Defense ad

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    I like Harris with the one that tilts.

Atlas is pricy, but rather adjustable for long range, and 45 deg leg angles if you need that.

The type of mount you have, can make a difference for what you can mount. Lots of options, and lots of money can be spent.

In 1990 I started out using a Harris on an M24 in the Military and a clothespin one on our M16’s. Most of my rifles have a Harris.

I did a video covering the basics, and some on the Magpul too. But Harris is just what I spent 20 plus years using and got used to for the past 30 plus years. Harris does have a number of options/different ones.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Without a doubt, Atlas and Harris make some nice solid bipods. The one I use on my 224 Valkyrie is this one.
    UTG Super Duty Bi-pod with QD Lever Mount, Height 6.0"- 8.5" , Black https://a.co/d/1idMx2f.
    Those little studs with the holes are sling swivel studs. One for a sling, one to mount a bipod. The bipod I posted above comes with the picatinny adapter to mount on the foward stud to mount your bipod on.
    My Vakyrie will shoot under MOA with it. Pretty solid and not bad for the money.
    But it all depends on what you are after and willing to pay for.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I have always used harris but when I was in South Africa, the PH showed me his rifle with an atlas bipod. The atlas was way nicer. Thats the route I am going now

tsugsr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    I have a Harris on my 6.5CM. It is one that tilts which I think makes for getting into position and aquiring sight picture a little easier.
    bbde3fd5d4c0bcd052bbe974ba42364c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mdubecky

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 18, 2021
    McKinney, Texas
    Thank you all for your suggestions and guidance! I will study each of your responses further and consider what is the best option for me at this time for this rifle. Blessings to you all and I hope you each get a chance to hunt or hit the range soon!

Sincerely,
    Mark

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Without a doubt, Atlas and Harris make some nice solid bipods. The one I use on my 224 Valkyrie is this one.
    UTG Super Duty Bi-pod with QD Lever Mount, Height 6.0"- 8.5" , Black https://a.co/d/1idMx2f.
    Those little studs with the holes are sling swivel studs. One for a sling, one to mount a bipod. The bipod I posted above comes with the picatinny adapter to mount on the foward stud to mount your bipod on.
    My Vakyrie will shoot under MOA with it. Pretty solid and not bad for the money.
    But it all depends on what you are after and willing to pay for.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

I have one of those have not mounted it on a rifle yet.

mdubecky

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 18, 2021
    McKinney, Texas
    Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. As it turns out, my father had a rifle with a Harris bi-pod (ultra-light) that I had taken off a couple years ago, but have now repurposed to this application based on this conversation. It's probably an older model, but something for me to start with until I determine if an upgrade is needed. Thanks again for your guidance.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom