• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Price Samdingo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2023
    Alvin, Texas
    Leaning towards Tikka, because I have several of them and they are the sheit!

This gun will be used for hogs and coyotes.....maybe even a thermal on top

Had a bad experience with Ruger American predator, not sure I want to try another budget rifle.

Also had issues with the accu-trigger on a Savage, so kinda leery on them as well

I've got several AR's, but nothing better than a clean bolt for hunting imo

Budget around $700 for rifle

What ya got?

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    The Big Town
    I have a Savage Axis that the grandkids shoot in .223, no issues and they like the low recoil. Also have a Ruger American in .308 that has given me zero problems. For the $$ spent I am very pleased. Also have a Weatherby Vanguard in .257 Weatherby and it is my go to for long range. All of these guns were less than $500. Just my experience.

Price Samdingo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2023
    Alvin, Texas
    I have a Savage Axis that the grandkids shoot in .223, no issues and they like the low recoil. Also have a Ruger American in .308 that has given me zero problems. For the $$ spent I am very pleased. Also have a Weatherby Vanguard in .257 Weatherby and it is my go to for long range. All of these guns were less than $500. Just my experience.
    I have a RA compact .308 that shoots lights out. I bought it as soon as they hit the market. I bought the RA predator 223 a couple years ago. That rifle never should have left the factory. ultimately Ruger destroyed my rifle and sent me another one. I never took it out of the box, just sold it

The savage had trigger issues, close the bolt to hard ( normal operation ) and sometimes the trigger and bolt would lock up.....requiring dis-assembly of the gun with a live round in the chamber. Thats a no go for me

Maybe I just had bad luck with both those guns, but my conscious won't let me take that chance again

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    The savage had trigger issues, close the bolt to hard ( normal operation ) and sometimes the trigger and bolt would lock up.....requiring dis-assembly of the gun with a live round in the chamber. Thats a no go for me
    I've had quite a few Savages with the accu trigger - never heard of that before. That would have been my suggestion though. All of mine shoot well over their price range.

10-96inTexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2022
    Cooterville
    Can’t go wrong with a CZ 527

IMG_1692.jpeg

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    You'll be served well with a Howa or Weatherby Vanguard
    I was just about to suggest the Howa mini 1500. Mine is super accurate, super smooth and has a great trigger.

I have one in .223 and one in 6.5 Grendel

It is worth putting on aftermarket bottom metal, but even doing that you should be well under your budget.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

jetcycles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Shoreacres, TX
    I love my CZ 527 varmint, but the used market has crept up in price significantly lately. All of my heavy barreled savages punch above their price range, never had a trigger problem unless it was adjusted way too light. The Tikkas are smooth for a factory rifle, howa mini would fit the bill as well.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

King76

Hmmm, I wonder…sometimes wander…
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 29, 2021
    Brenham
    My experience points to Howa, shoots lights out for the $. A 22-250 came my way and it seemed to shoot so well that I acquired another in .243 and another in 7mm Remington Magnum.. I use the 22-250 as my doe gun for head shots, the .243 I bought for my Dad to use (instead of his 30-06) on whitetail and the 7mm is my go-to Elk slayer. Great rifles….

Top Bottom