• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mmcbeat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2018
    Fort Worth
    A Seecamp 32. It was in Cabela’s gun library. It’s used but I don’t think it has ever been carried or shot, very clean, no carbon residue, no scratches on the outside. I ordered a Sticky holster and some Speer Gold Dots. I also learned that Seecamp is very proud of their magazines - about $50 a throw proud, up to $100 on ebay. The Fort Worth forecast is triple digits for at least the next ten days. After a couple range trips, assuming all goes well, I plan to drop this in my gym shorts for my morning walk.
    IMG_0015.jpeg
    Guns International

Otto_Mation

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Montgomery, TX
    I keep one of those in my pocket all the time. Look at Underwood xtreme defender ammo. Mine shoots it very well.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I have a couple of 32 acp pistols. I've wanted the Seecamp for quite awhile, but have heard you can't use FMJ in them and only HP since the mags are short to prevent rim lock with defensive rounds. I'd just as soon use a 73gr FMJ in this caliber due to cost and availability for any purpose with it. I'll still get one if I spot a good deal though.

mmcbeat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2018
    Fort Worth
    I have a couple of 32 acp pistols. I've wanted the Seecamp for quite awhile, but have heard you can't use FMJ in them and only HP since the mags are short to prevent rim lock with defensive rounds. I'd just as soon use a 73gr FMJ in this caliber due to cost and availability for any purpose with it. I'll still get one if I spot a good deal though.
    I hear what you are saying and I prefer FMJ for self defense in small caliber. Take a look at Otto_Nation’s post. I’m going to try some of the Underwood he mentions. I looked on the website and it’s profile is the same as HP’s.

Otto_Mation

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Montgomery, TX
    Finding reasonable ammo for them is not a problem. I have shot PMC Bronze, Gold Dots, Silvertips and a lot of exotic stuff like the Underwood varieties. The PMC Bronze is good practice ammo. It is a JHP but is reasonable. You really won't be sending a lot of rounds down range. These little suckers buck. Just make sure that what you are firing is reliable in it and put it in your pocket in case you need it.

PXL_20230729_202026126.jpg

Last edited:

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Finding reasonable ammo for them is not a problem. I have shot PMC Bronze, Gold Dots, Silvertips and a lot of exotic stuff like the Underwood varieties. The PMC Bronze is good practice ammo. It is a JHP but is reasonable. You really won't be sending a lot of rounds down range. These little suckers buck. Just make sure that what you are firing is reliable in it and put it in your pocket in case you need it.

View attachment 398390
    I've been using a KT P32 for that purpose as of late, but the seecamp is certainly more attractive.

Otto_Mation

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Montgomery, TX
    IIRC, the very early ones (year long waiting list in early 90s) were specifically intended for use with Silvertips only.
    Back in the 80's there was a waiting list that was years long, All of the gun magazines had articles about them. They were highly coveted and people were paying stupid money for them,. Over $2K for them. I wanted one badly. I finally found one at a reasonable price after production had caught up about 2004 or so. Mine is a Milford, CT gun. They have always been intended for Silvertips. Winchester changed the original Silvertip a number of years ago so at this point, if it fits, shoot it.

BladeZealot

Gotta love a 1911!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 14, 2022
    Retired. I reckon a wanderer
    I used to shoot Winchester FMJ .32ACP in mine years ago. Heard it was reverse engineered to be correct length. Anywho...they fed. Seem to recall them being flatnose maybe. My memory is not what it once was lol.

I've a .380ACP Seecamp now. A bit...uh...unpleasant to shoot, but a sweet firearm nonetheless

Otto_Mation

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Montgomery, TX
    @mmcbeat, I forgot to mention this the other day but you can get one of these nifty ammo gauges made specifically for the Seecamp. If it fits you can shoot it. Here is the link on Ebay.

s-l1600.jpg

Seabee radm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2023
    Cypress
    I had one a few years back. Very finicky even and I only ever used the specified ammo. In the end I traded it off as I could not trust it.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Back in the 80's ... people were paying stupid money for them,. Over $2K for them. ...
    People want what they can't get and are willing to pay stupid prices to get things normal folks can't touch. Example? In the 1970s the only Makarovs in the USA had entered via, shall we say, "non-traditional" means. They were incredibly rare and, adjusted for inflation, people were paying about that much money for one of them.

It never makes any sense what will become an overpriced status symbol.

At least these days there are enough Seecamps out there that it's possible to buy one just because it's a useful, high quality gun.

alternative

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2023
    Texas
    I keep one of those in my pocket all the time. Look at Underwood xtreme defender ammo. Mine shoots it very well.

I have a KellTecP32 that loves that Underwood ammo. Makes a mouse gun into a big guy.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I have a Seecamp LWS-32.
    Had to retire it because the slide cracked.
    Evidently there is an "old" and a "new" model Seecamp.
    Mine is an "old" model and there are no replacement slides available. The "new" model slides will not work on an "old" model frame. This is straight from the factory info.
    Be aware of this if you purchase a used/older Seecamp.

glens

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2020
    kingsland tx. 78639
    Carry one in my Boot 24-7. The key is to keep um slightly lubed and shoot the Chit out of um at first to loosen them up.

Attachments

• seecamp 32.jpg
      seecamp 32.jpg
      58.7 KB · Views: 47
    Top Bottom