• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    The challenge there would be getting it hooked up to any TV made within the last 25 years...
    ;)
    s-l1600.jpg

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    And how would you get a Pong game hooked up to a coax connection? Even my Atari didn't have that several years later - just a connector for the UHF antenna screws.
    Screenshot 2024-01-09 at 11.35.11 AM.png

But you would also need to enlist the services of Doc Emmet Brown to go forward in time to order it on Amazon.:facepalm:

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    View attachment 425998

But you would also need to enlist the services of Doc Emmet Brown to go forward in time to order it on Amazon.:facepalm:

LOL

I actually hooked my old Atari up to a 20 year old Sony Trinitron a couple of years ago. Had to run a coax off the back of the TV, which I cut and stripped so I'd have two leads to wrap around the antenna leads from the video game switch. It actually worked, but I'm sure it was a fire hazard. I was mostly amazed the video game system still worked.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    And how would you get a Pong game hooked up to a coax connection? Even my Atari didn't have that several years later - just a connector for the UHF antenna screws.

I only remember it having an RCA output on the Atari 2600.
    Either way, there is an adapter or an adapter configuration to pretty much solve most connection issue was kind of the point. I should have stated such.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I only remember it having an RCA output on the Atari 2600.
    Either way, there is an adapter or an adapter configuration to pretty much solve most connection issue was kind of the point. I should have stated such.

Or a daisy chain of adapters...

I don't think I ever saw anything with RCA connectors until at least 1986. But then again we never had the most up-to-date electronics, either.

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    Video games just lame kids with nothing else to do with their lives. There are 100s of these out there cars,trucks,motorcycles,boats,skate boarders, you name it. Not all or actual games just computer generated crap.
    Yeah...we used to build actual cars and bikes.

Two Gun Bob

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2022
    DFW
    The challenge there would be getting it hooked up to any TV made within the last 25 years...
    nah, maybe in 20 years but NTSC has only been gone for 2 or 3 years now and I just hung a giant brand new samsung and it had analog compatibility on both composite and S-vid. Cheaper ones might not, but even then disk players still do so there's a simple A/D converter.

But it would look like garbage I think. I tried some old intellivision games on a 4K and it was pretty bad.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    For those interested, this short film was done with a video game graphics engine. The "Unreal Engine" started as a tool for making first person shooter games and has expanded from there.

Much more convincing than the truck clip that started this thread.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    For those interested, this short film was done with a video game graphics engine. The "Unreal Engine" started as a tool for making first person shooter games and has expanded from there.

Much more convincing than the truck clip that started this thread.

That is scary stuff.
    With tech like that, our next puppet president may not be a clueless old man.

Top Bottom