• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    While I don't think it's generally a good idea to involve yourself in police actions here the suspect was heading towards a couple that looked like they were unloading a van and had no clue to what was going on. I think that there would be a real concern about what could happen there and feel it justifies intervening .

SidewaysTA

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2011
    CSTX
    Armed with a 45mm pistol. I SOOOOOOO need one of those.

That's a hell'ova gun!

Hot-Shots-Deux-4.jpg

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    And a Jeep driver to boot! No wonder the perp gave up!

Seriously, I didn't see the firearm in the helicopter video; all I saw was the guy pointing to the perp as the police pulled up.

All said and done, I wouldn't recommend jumping in on such a situation; especially when it appears the CHL'er was intentionally getting involved. Could have had quite the reverse outcome, and since no one's life was at stake, there really wasn't a reason for him to get involved...

By the way, it looks like the edited the article to now read ".45ca pistol."

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    By the way, I expected the CHL'er to look like one of these two (bonus points if you can name the movie without Googling it!)...

pz90ydp4tic9it9d.jpg

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    And a Jeep driver to boot! No wonder the perp gave up!

Seriously, I didn't see the firearm in the helicopter video; all I saw was the guy pointing to the perp as the police pulled up.

All said and done, I wouldn't recommend jumping in on such a situation; especially when it appears the CHL'er was intentionally getting involved. Could have had quite the reverse outcome, and since no one's life was at stake, there really wasn't a reason for him to get involved...

By the way, it looks like the edited the article to now read ".45ca pistol."

I wouldn't do it either. Hard for the police to tell who's who and the good guy could have been shot up and murdered. Not worth the perceived glory so let the police do their job.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Glad it worked out.

I'm sure the opinion officially and unofficially are slightly different. But I'm sure the outcome was a relief.

If I can suggest something, IF you feel you are SAFELY going to assist, call 9-1-1 and let Dispatch know you are a Reporting Party/witness to this event - pursuit/shoplift/footchase/etc. Tell them your name, phone number, exactly where you are (intersection "street/street" or name of business), direction of travel, your description and the veh you are driving. Then say what you witness and your actions.

Do not go into your life story. Do not word vomit. Facts and just the facts. There's plenty of time to spill your guts to the OFC AFTER the subject is apprehended. On 9-1-1 is NOT the time. Do not argue with Dispatch. You answer their questions. Do not fight with Dispatch. Their priority is the safety of their OFC engaged and the public the entire call for service is endangering. Dispatch knows whether you are helping or hindering the current event and they will guide you as they need you.

It is possible Dispatch will call you off, especially of they are getting blown up. In order to be allowed to stay on the line (ie, the Dispatcher feels you are a good RP to keep on the phone), you MUST ACT like a valuable reporting party. If you feel you are the only Reporting Party around with eyes on an actor in the suspected commission of a crime you can attempt to remain on the line, behaving like a good witness. YOUR ATTITUDE AND CALMNESS IS ABSOLUTELY IMPORTANT IN YOUR ATTEMPT TO REMAIN A HELPFUL RESOURCE. Do not freak out. Do not ramp up. YOU MUST REMAIN COMPOSED OR DISPATCH WILL NOT SEE YOU AS A RP WHO IS LEVEL HEADED ENOUGH TO FOLLOW THEIR INSTRUCTIONS OR GET INSTRUCTIONS FROM. Be advised, the things you tell or don't tell the Dispatcher has the potential to get an OFC killed. The Dispatcher will filter your info and send it out. The more accurate your info is, the more accurate picture the OFC has.

Congrats, you've now put yourself into a Call For Service. Get your business attire ready and be prepared to be subpoenaed for the court date. Some advice, write down your statement, the same statement you give to PD, file it and have it ready for your the defense to cross examine you. Also FOIA request the CFS. I guarantee by the time it goes to court and possibly subsequently trial, you will not remember it the same.

Remember, being a Good Samaritan, no good deed goes unpunished :clown:

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Glad it worked out.

I'm sure the opinion officially and unofficially are slightly different. But I'm sure the outcome was a relief.

If I can suggest something, IF you feel you are SAFELY going to assist, call 9-1-1 and let Dispatch know you are a Reporting Party/witness to this event - pursuit/shoplift/footchase/etc. Tell them your name, phone number, exactly where you are (intersection "street/street" or name of business), direction of travel, your description and the veh you are driving. Then say what you witness and your actions.

Do not go into your life story. Do not word vomit. Facts and just the facts. There's plenty of time to spill your guts to the OFC AFTER the subject is apprehended. On 9-1-1 is NOT the time. Do not argue with Dispatch. You answer their questions. Do not fight with Dispatch. Their priority is the safety of their OFC engaged and the public the entire call for service is endangering. Dispatch knows whether you are helping or hindering the current event and they will guide you as they need you.

It is possible Dispatch will call you off, especially of they are getting blown up. In order to be allowed to stay on the line (ie, the Dispatcher feels you are a good RP to keep on the phone), you MUST ACT like a valuable reporting party. If you feel you are the only Reporting Party around with eyes on an actor in the suspected commission of a crime you can attempt to remain on the line, behaving like a good witness. YOUR ATTITUDE AND CALMNESS IS ABSOLUTELY IMPORTANT IN YOUR ATTEMPT TO REMAIN A HELPFUL RESOURCE. Do not freak out. Do not ramp up. YOU MUST REMAIN COMPOSED OR DISPATCH WILL NOT SEE YOU AS A RP WHO IS LEVEL HEADED ENOUGH TO FOLLOW THEIR INSTRUCTIONS OR GET INSTRUCTIONS FROM. Be advised, the things you tell or don't tell the Dispatcher has the potential to get an OFC killed. The Dispatcher will filter your info and send it out. The more accurate your info is, the more accurate picture the OFC has.

Congrats, you've now put yourself into a Call For Service. Get your business attire ready and be prepared to be subpoenaed for the court date. Some advice, write down your statement, the same statement you give to PD, file it and have it ready for your the defense to cross examine you. Also FOIA request the CFS. I guarantee by the time it goes to court and possibly subsequently trial, you will not remember it the same.

Remember, being a Good Samaritan, no good deed goes unpunished :clown:

Wait....let me write this all down.....

Top Bottom