Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Too early? Nah... turkey's digested. :christmas:

tgt289.jpg
    Capitol Armory ad

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    It's not pretty, but it works. This is the controller box I built for the Christmas lights setup I designed and built. Running on a Raspberry Pi 3 along with Arduinos and ESP32 WiFI modules. It controls 1500 individual lights all choreographed to 8 different Christmas songs. Broadcast on FM to people's car stereos to tun in plus waterproof speakers on the lawn for people who want to walk up to hear it.
    The box only took me a few hours to build, but each song took 4 to 6 hours each to get the light sequence down. The tree took a few days to build and wire up. I have to put it all up tomorrow.

box.jpg

Plus there's 5 of these I had to program, solder, and enclose in PVC

1700970968265.png

All to do this:
    and this:

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    It's not pretty, but it works. This is the controller box I built for the Christmas lights setup I designed and built. Running on a Raspberry Pi 3 along with Arduinos and ESP32 WiFI modules. It controls 1500 individual lights all choreographed to 8 different Christmas songs. Broadcast on FM to people's car stereos to tun in plus waterproof speakers on the lawn for people who want to walk up to hear it.
    The box only took me a few hours to build, but each song took 4 to 6 hours each to get the light sequence down. The tree took a few days to build and wire up. I have to put it all up tomorrow.

View attachment 417326

Plus there's 5 of these I had to program, solder, and enclose in PVC

View attachment 417327

All to do this:
    and this:

Me thinks you have way to much time on your hands, but beyond cool. :christmas:

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Me thinks you have way to much time on your hands, but beyond cool. :christmas:

Thanks.
    The reason I built it was my kids. We used to take them to a house nearby where someone did something similar, we would take the kids there 2 years in a row to have them watch the light show, then one year they moved away.. My kids (who were 6 and 7 at the time), kept talking about how they wished someone would make a Christmas lights display like that house had. Well, I figured it was my fatherly duty to do it.

Top Bottom