• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Can I please get some help? I want to submit a Form 4? to register a pistol as an SBR. The pistol is an MP5 semi, and I would like to be able to attach a stock. Is a Form 4 the proper way to do it. I understand that I must get the tax stamp before the stock may be attached.
    Anyone who has done this in the past, please chime in. The MP5 is 922r legal. I have a trust and own other class 3 items.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Can I please get some help? I want to submit a Form 4? to register a pistol as an SBR. The pistol is an MP5 semi, and I would like to be able to attach a stock. Is a Form 4 the proper way to do it. I understand that I must get the tax stamp before the stock may be attached.
    Anyone who has done this in the past, please chime in. The MP5 is 922r legal. I have a trust and own other class 3 items.

File form 1 with the $200 fee, then engrave the pistol with the name of your trust and city/state, add stock when approved form gets back.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Regarding the 922r caveat you mentioned. You do know that it's not illegal to possess or sell a non-compliant firearm, it's only illegal to build one. Proving you built a out of compliance gun will be hard to do unless you forget your 5th amendment rights and open you mouth and tell an investigator you did..................just for future reference. I have quit worrying about guns being in compliance with 922(r).

Ready.Fire.Aim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You submit a Form 1.

Consider having info engraved prior to submitting Form 1. That way if engraver makes a mistake, you simply change the Form 1 to match the actual engraving letters.

I had Ident Marking Services in Rockwall Tx laser engrave my SBR and SBS. Ten jobs to date, I am speaking with confidence.
    This is a link to their website Home

They do beautiful work. On an AR15 stripped receiver they can engrave inside the trigger well.

I also had them engrave my HK host guns including an MP5.

PM if you have any other questions.

Have fun,
    RFA

Last edited:

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    You have NFA items and a trust but don't know the difference between a Form 1 and a Form 4? :confused: Form 1 is to make an NFA item (in your case, an SBR), Form 4 is to transfer ownership of or purchase an existing NFA item such as a suppressor.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Thanks for the input, but that was covered above. As long as I submit the correct form, it should not matter that I asked a stupid question in an online forum. Really, isn't that the reason you ask a question, when you are unsure?

BIMMERKID21

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Minot, North Dakota
    I am going to be converting my SA VZ61 Skorpion to an SBR. I sent off my paperwork just after christmas.... now to endure the long wait.. they have it in their hands now.... just have to play the waiting game :)

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Thanks for the input, but that was covered above. As long as I submit the correct form, it should not matter that I asked a stupid question in an online forum. Really, isn't that the reason you ask a question, when you are unsure?

And you could have done a quick search and easily found your answers, too, but you didn't and can expect answers in any way shape and form short of personal attacks (which I didn't do). I just question how it is that you managed to get 3 other NFA items without understanding the paperwork you were filling out.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I know little about NFA paperwork but if he purchased his other items he may have never dealt with the form 1 before.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    And you could have done a quick search and easily found your answers, too, but you didn't and can expect answers in any way shape and form short of personal attacks (which I didn't do). I just question how it is that you managed to get 3 other NFA items without understanding the paperwork you were filling out.

No harm, no foul Kabob... The 3 other items paperwork were filled out by the seller. I am not an expert in this field, but I do appreciate assistance in areas that I am newly introduced to. The government has no shortage of paperwork to peruse through, I was looking for some help to point me in the right direction. I received the help, and I am grateful for it. I am sorry if I offended you, everyone has a off day occasionally.

Top Bottom