ARJ Defense ad

Convicted felon arrested twice carrying deadly weapon - let out on personal recognizance bond - murders girlfriend

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Way to go, Austin “judicial system”.
    George Soros is happy.

“It is important to note that Rodriguez was arrested on December 1, 2023, for the crime of carrying a weapon unlawfully for the second time with a previous felony conviction in Travis County. He was permitted to post a personal recognizance bond and was released on December 15,” APD said.”
    DK Firearms

Last edited:

RiverRider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2023
    North Texas
    I think that judge should be charged as an accomplice.

Our legal system has been perverted to the point that it does little to nothing to serve the individual, but will swat flies with a sledge hammer when it comes to deeds that injure the State. I. for one, am totally fed up with the status quo.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Calling for removing qualified immunity from cops is popular, but why arent' there the same calls for judicial reform - allow judges to be sued for bad decisions, put a process in place for the people to remove a judge via recall or special election, or some form of punishment when shit like this happens. Guaranteed that if any of that were a possibility, these light weight judges would stop letting violent thugs out on PR, or with super low bails.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    The judge that released him should be sued into oblivion.
    1704480548711.png

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Calling for removing qualified immunity from cops is popular, but why arent' there the same calls for judicial reform - allow judges to be sued for bad decisions, put a process in place for the people to remove a judge via recall or special election, or some form of punishment when shit like this happens. Guaranteed that if any of that were a possibility, these light weight judges would stop letting violent thugs out on PR, or with super low bails.
    Several years back?

THREE of Pa's SUPERIOR COURT JUSTICES (Pa Supreme Court)...RESIGNED.

To avoid prosecution as sexual predators...:50cal:

They kept their blame pensions.... :50cal:

Lots of rules/booby traps for us peons to obey.

NO RULES for the judiciary....:twin:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Judges have stronger immunity than just about anyone and I understand why that is. I generally agree with it, in principle. But the various ways of removing judges (voting out or impeachment, depending on the court) simply aren't responsive enough. Judges, like the ones you cited, have to screw up ridiculously and repeatedly before they become a sufficient embarrassment to the powers-that-be as to warrant removal.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Judges have stronger immunity than just about anyone and I understand why that is. I generally agree with it, in principle. But the various ways of removing judges (voting out or impeachment, depending on the court) simply aren't responsive enough. Judges, like the ones you cited, have to screw up ridiculously and repeatedly before they become a sufficient embarrassment to the powers-that-be as to warrant removal.
    Three different Magistrates that I had negative traffic violation dealings with went to prison...(two, I was guilty...the third? I don't know what kind of crack they were smoking)

Two for accepting bribes.

One for stealing HEROIN out of the evidence locker....!!

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Way to go, Austin “judicial system”.
    George Soros is happy.

“It is important to note that Rodriguez was arrested on December 1, 2023, for the crime of carrying a weapon unlawfully for the second time with a previous felony conviction in Travis County. He was permitted to post a personal recognizance bond and was released on December 15,” APD said.”
    This happens over and over and citizens think it is the police that are not doing anything... its the judges and DA's office...

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....

Take away the immunity for judges and prosecutors, and you'll likely not even need to worry about the cops anymore....

Who can remove a sitting judge?
    Legally of course...

Details, details.....

sucker76

Don't let the username fool you
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 15, 2015
    Lake Jackson
    I'm sure there are great reasons for judges to have some sort of immunity. I can't think of one right now but I'm sure there is. I watch the news and this judge is not an outlier. There are numerous stories of the same or similar outcomes to a low/no bond . I would like to see some way for judges to have some personal responsibility in situations like this. I bet if a judge is convicted of accessory to murder the next one will think twice about having a token bond. I'm mostly speaking about token bonds for repeat offenders.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I'm sure there are great reasons for judges to have some sort of immunity. I can't think of one right now but I'm sure there is. I watch the news and this judge is not an outlier. There are numerous stories of the same or similar outcomes to a low/no bond . I would like to see some way for judges to have some personal responsibility in situations like this. I bet if a judge is convicted of accessory to murder the next one will think twice about having a token bond. I'm mostly speaking about token bonds for repeat offenders.
    Judges deserve and need immunity, just like police do for REASONABLE decisions made with the information at hand, but allowing a PR bond on a felon where there was PC to believe he was committing additional felonies and major misdemeanors, is not a reasonable decision. Police and judges cannot be expected to see the full future of their decisions, however no reasonable person would believe that allowing a person out under what we have heard the circumstances to be was smart. It would be reasonable to believe he would reoffend whike out on a PR bond as he was reoffending after having gone to prison... that is reckless, stupid and the judge deserves to be penalized through both civil fine and by being disbarred.

Austin municipal court judges are APPOINTED by city council and council has/had been openly pushing for more PR bonds for offenders, so if there were judges who held offenders accountable through reasonable bond ammounts, they would risk not being re-hired for the next period. It is incestuous and dangerous to have the judiciary put into a position to forgo sound Judicial practices for the sake of their livelihoods.

sucker76

Don't let the username fool you
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 15, 2015
    Lake Jackson
    Judges deserve and need immunity, just like police do for REASONABLE decisions made with the information at hand, but allowing a PR bond on a felon where there was PC to believe he was committing additional felonies and major misdemeanors, is not a reasonable decision. Police and judges cannot be expected to see the full future of their decisions, however no reasonable person would believe that allowing a person out under what we have heard the circumstances to be was smart. It would be reasonable to believe he would reoffend whike out on a PR bond as he was reoffending after having gone to prison... that is reckless, stupid and the judge deserves to be penalized through both civil fine and by being disbarred.

Austin municipal court judges are APPOINTED by city council and council has/had been openly pushing for more PR bonds for offenders, so if there were judges who held offenders accountable through reasonable bond ammounts, they would risk not being re-hired for the next period. It is incestuous and dangerous to have the judiciary put into a position to forgo sound Judicial practices for the sake of their livelihoods.

I"m fine with reasonable decisions too. What is happening is NOT reasonable at all and should not be protected. City councils pushing this behavior needs to be voted out too.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    This happens over and over and citizens think it is the police that are not doing anything... its the judges and DA's office...

This would be almost 50 yrs ago now....

Fellow committed a robbery......got caught...

Had been arrested......(wait for it)

183! 183! Times!

In the preceding 180 days!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies