Gun Zone Deals

Correct Texas pronunciation of various towns?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    Always reminds me of the joke about the couple that was traveling through East Texas and they stopped in Nacogdoches to get something to eat. When the waitress brought the food, the lady asked her, "How do you pronounce the name of this place? Say it slowly, please." The waitress answered, "It's pronounced "Day-eerie Queen".
    I remember the same joke about Mexia....one dude thought it was MEX-EE-AH and the other the correct MUH-HEY-AH. Rumor was Anna Nicole Smith was the DQ employee in Mexia where she lived in her teenage years.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Rio Vista is RY-OH Vista, not REE-OH Vista.....at least according to the locals.

That makes zero sense, given the spelling. Sometimes I think the way things get pronounced is because in the back-when times, someone had a damned speech impediment, and they told a new comer how they pronounced something and that shit stuck like a swear word in a toddler's mouth...

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    You wouldn't understand it's a Texas thing. Kind of like how a soda water is a Coke or a shopping cart is a buggy.

It's just how we talk down here.
    1711421168288.png

Top Bottom