• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Dipper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    ATX & FC, WI
    “Travis County District Attorney Jose Garza today dropped criminal charges that never should have been brought in the first place. These 17 officers were seeking to restore order to our city when the 8th street bridge was overtaken by an angry mob that was seeking to take over APD headquarters. District Attorneys have tremendous power to convene a grand jury and seek indictments. In this case, DA Garza abused his power, and he must be held accountable. These officers’ actions were reviewed, and no law or policy was found to have been violated. While we are relieved for these 17 officers, they have suffered reputational damage, professional harm and financial and mental anguish when all they were doing was trying to restore order for our community. DA Garza continues to seek criminal convictions against four Austin officers who engaged in the same riot control. This is unconscionable.”

Save Austin Now PAC
    Hurley's Gold

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    “Travis County District Attorney Jose Garza today dropped criminal charges that never should have been brought in the first place. These 17 officers were seeking to restore order to our city when the 8th street bridge was overtaken by an angry mob that was seeking to take over APD headquarters. District Attorneys have tremendous power to convene a grand jury and seek indictments. In this case, DA Garza abused his power, and he must be held accountable. These officers’ actions were reviewed, and no law or policy was found to have been violated. While we are relieved for these 17 officers, they have suffered reputational damage, professional harm and financial and mental anguish when all they were doing was trying to restore order for our community. DA Garza continues to seek criminal convictions against four Austin officers who engaged in the same riot control. This is unconscionable.”

Save Austin Now PAC
    I am glad they are finally doing that but angry that they took it to the grand jury to begin with and angrier that they did not drop the charges against all of the officers!

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Sadly, Travis County is getting what Austin voted for.

There are still four cases pending against APD officers.

And people wonder why APD can't staff their agency.
    <>

Our youngest graduated from Eanes Westlake High School, did 2 tours as USMC MP, got his University Degree in Criminal Justice, has 10+ years as a medium size City PD Detective. always loved Austin. When the APD began their recent recruiting effort, I asked him if he'd go back.

He wouldn't even answer me. . . . . .

leVieux

<>

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    I wish someone (like Paxton) had the balls to file charges against Garza (and other crooked DAs) for malicious prosecution and put them away for a few years. Heck, even a few months would do. Put them in gen-pop and see how they like their stay.
    Our justice system used to work well. Until commies turned it into a vengeance system.
    Malicious prosecution should be a crime (if it isn't already, IANAL). And should be prosecuted. Period.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I wish someone (like Paxton) had the balls to file charges against Garza (and other crooked DAs) for malicious prosecution and put them away for a few years. Heck, even a few months would do. Put them in gen-pop and see how they like their stay.
    Our justice system used to work well. Until commies turned it into a vengeance system.
    Malicious prosecution should be a crime (if it isn't already, IANAL). And should be prosecuted. Period.
    Its not balls, but it's because its hard to prove... Garza has been toeing that line for years now, but despite "knowing" he is doing it, its a tough case to prove and if he was charged and Paxton didnt win, it would embolden Garza and weaken any further chances at reigning him in because it would look kinda shady in the media for a Republican to REPEATEDLY target a leftist, activist DA for him just trying to hold people accountable...

**** Garza...

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    At this point, I don’t get why every cop in a liberal county or city doesn’t just retire or quit.
    Actually they are just look at NYPD, Seattle PD, and now Austin PD. They are 500 man short and cannot retain their workforce or replace the ones that have left.

Top Bottom