• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Target Sports USA

Industry Partner
    Nov 22, 2022
    The recent arrival of AMMO Additive Manufacturing for Munitions and Ordnance has begun by "dipping its toes" into traditional caliber spaces, like 9mm, .22, .380, .45 ACP, 12 gauge, .357 MAG, 7.62, and .223. These calibers form the basis for many of the ammunition available to military and civilians, from small arms cartridges to shotgun shells and rifle rounds.

The integration of AMMO technologies into their production processes demonstrates great potential for appreciable advancements in ammunition design and performance, as well as in manufacturing efficiency. Manufacturing techniques in additive engineering are highly precise and flexible. They have already proven to be very useful in the development of increasingly complex internal geometries of bullets and cartridge casings that can aid in improving ballistic performance and material efficiency.

CLICK TO READ ON

Future Bullet (1).jpg

@TX_1

Nov 17, 2023
    Rolling Plains of TX
    Interesting. Thanks for info. Have reloaded ammo since my youth. Until recently did not care much for .223 and 9mm firearms. Thought they were very high speed but puny in weight. But popularity of them made me take a careful 2nd look, learned that with careful selection of heavier bullet weight, both are serious hunting and self defense tools. Currently loading 5.56x45 with 70 gr semi spitzer and 9mm with a couple of types of 147 gr bullets. So I am a solid convert. I'm not young, but still love shooting.

Top Bottom