• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    Hmmm this gives me an idea. We should all band together and host our own buyback programs around Texas. Then we selectively "buy back" the guns that we would like to have for $50 gift cards to HEB! - honestly, I hate knowing that they're melting all these guns down :(

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Hmmm this gives me an idea. We should all band together and host our own buyback programs around Texas. Then we selectively "buy back" the guns that we would like to have for $50 gift cards to HEB! - honestly, I hate knowing that they're melting all these guns down :(

Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I'm going to email them and ask if they'll let me look through what they take in and buy some of them to fund the church. Who knows, I may end up with a badass gun for $75.

/shrug

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Emailed this to the Rev. quoted in the article.

I am emailing in regards to the "Gun Buyback Program" I read about at the link provided below. I am a law-abiding Texan who, if you would allow it, would be interested in possibly buying some of the firearms you purchase from citizens. I would be willing to offer you more than what you will have paid. Of course, it should go without saying, that the gun(s) must not be stolen. If you're interested in maybe raising some money for your church, please let me know, and we can get this worked out accordingly. I see no reason why a perfectly decent firearm should be destroyed when a law-abiding citizen like myself, would be more than happy to buy it from you. I personally think this is a good idea and a mutually beneficial one at that; not only will we raise some money for your church, but we could potentially get firearms from individuals who may not be responsible enough to own these firearms into the possession of a Texan who is. If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.

Thank you,

My Name Here.

Link to the article:
    Dallas Church Hosts Gun Buyback Program | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

BrenGunner

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Kyle
    Hate these... Especially a church... Theres going to be some little old lady getting rid of her husbands M1 Garand he used or something just as tragic because they dont know what to do with them.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    Hate these... Especially a church... Theres going to be some little old lady getting rid of her husbands M1 Garand he used or something just as tragic because they dont know what to do with them.

this

more than likely the guns are going to come from church members who have guns in the house that havent been touched in years

as a church goer - this really bothers me - i dont know why a church would engage in something like this

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    He won't let me buy them. Citing "original intent" and "integrity", which is laughable. Anyone want to drive to Dallas and set up shop to have our own buy-up program?

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    we should just setup across the street, and have pickets on the church's sidewalk. it's perfectly legal and they can't do squat about it.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    He won't let me buy them. Citing "original intent" and "integrity", which is laughable. Anyone want to drive to Dallas and set up shop to have our own buy-up program?

At least he replied to your email. I told you they're more about getting guns off the street, rather than making a quick buck.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Worth a try at the very least.

And I know I'd be furious if my church used perfectly good church money to buy up guns and destroy them.

Top Bottom