• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShootWhenICan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Houston
    Just got this from the NRA.

Texas: Second Special Session Begins Today - Once Again Pro-Second Amendment Bills Not On Deck
    Make sure your rights don't get left in the dugout as the Texas Legislature goes into extra innings
    The first special session of the Texas Legislature ended last week without bringing forward priority Second Amendment legislation. The Governor, who has so far chosen not to include pro-Second Amendment legislation on the list of items to be considered in these special sessions, called state lawmakers back to town today for a second time to revisit other legislation. You may recall that anti-gun state Senator Wendy Davis (D-Fort Worth) and her Democratic colleagues in the Texas Senate blocked NRA-backed legislation allowing adult Concealed Handgun Licensees to carry firearms for self-defense on college and university campuses from coming up for a final vote during the regular session that ended Memorial Day weekend.

In addition, according to the Austin American Statesman, public university officials -- many of whom have strongly opposed NRA-backed campus personal protection bills -- are urging him to add nearly $3 billion in construction bonds, otherwise known as "tuition revenue bonds" or TRBs, to the list of issue items the House and Senate will consider during this second special session. In fact, state Representative Dan Branch, a Republican from Dallas who is considering a run for statewide office, filed a TRB bill during the first special session.

Surely if the Governor were to expand the call of this session's agenda and add a higher education priority item like TRBs, then he would also add a priority Second Amendment issue like campus carry, right? And certainly, the Republican Senate and House leadership which has expended enormous amounts of political capital attempting to address other issues would put that same energy and focus into passing pro-gun legislation if it were added to the agenda, correct? These are questions that Second Amendment advocates -- including the more than 500,000 CHLs in Texas -- deserve an answer to going into 2014 when nearly all statewide officials and state lawmakers will be running for re-election or (as mentioned) higher office.

Send your questions to Governor Perry:

Governor Rick Perry
    Governor Perry's Facebook Page

E-mail by clicking here
    Phone: 512-463-2000

Send your questions to Senate and House leaders:

Lieutenant Governor David Dewhurst
    Lieutenant Governor Dewhurst's Facebook Page

E-mail by clicking here.
    Phone: 512-463-0001

House Speaker Joe Straus
    Speaker Straus's Facebook Page

E-mail by clicking here.
    Phone: 512-463-1000

State Representative Dan Branch (R-Dallas).Rep. Branch is the House Higher Education Committee Chairman and previous author of TRB bills.
    Rep. Branch’s Facebook Page

E-mail: dan.branch@house.state.tx.us
    Phone: 512-463-0367
    Texas SOT

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    That Wendy Davis is a thorn. She sorta pretends she's pro-gun, but her record shows she's not all in. But I gathered she wasn't much from her terrible campaign commercials. Yall watch it. I think she's trying to be the driving force that finally turns Tarrant Co. blue.

KD0FLC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    Ft. Worth, TX
    That Wendy Davis is a thorn. She sorta pretends she's pro-gun, but her record shows she's not all in. But I gathered she wasn't much from her terrible campaign commercials. Yall watch it. I think she's trying to be the driving force that finally turns Tarrant Co. blue.

That will be a damn shame...

Too many good people in Tarrant county to be a blue county.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX

I'm thinking, after jumping full force on the pro choice movement last session, she will be hard pressed to get reelected in Tarrant county.

locke_n_load

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    I'm thinking, after jumping full force on the pro choice movement last session, she will be hard pressed to get reelected in Tarrant county.

Interesting article about Davis as up-and-coming...
    Rising Texas political star Davis takes second look at governor's race - First Read
    However, they talk about turning this state blue due to the rising hispanic population, but most hispanics are Catholic and are anti-abortion, so I don't really think this will project her any further...

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Interesting article about Davis as up-and-coming...
    Rising Texas political star Davis takes second look at governor's race - First Read
    However, they talk about turning this state blue due to the rising hispanic population, but most hispanics are Catholic and are anti-abortion, so I don't really think this will project her any further...

I can tell you from first hand experience that there's plenty of half-ass, Easter and Christmas only self-proclaimed-Catholics that only follow church teachings when its convenient for them.

I'm not digging on folks who don't believe what I do. What I'm saying is that there's a lot of people who claim to be something they're not. I wouldn't count on hispanic Catholics automatically voting against Democrats because of that single issue.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I can tell you from first hand experience that there's plenty of half-ass, Easter and Christmas only self-proclaimed-Catholics that only follow church teachings when its convenient for them.

I'm not digging on folks who don't believe what I do. What I'm saying is that there's a lot of people who claim to be something they're not. I wouldn't count on hispanic Catholics automatically voting against Democrats because of that single issue.

Exactly.

What people don't realize, or ignore, is that Hispanics, lots of urban Hispanics like services, benefits, & women's issues to name the top few. What party does that skew for? Uhuh, blue.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I look forward to this stunt of hers being used against her in the next election.
    It's going to help her more than hurt her. :(
    My fear is that this has galvanized Texas democrats and will drawn in out of state campaign funds. The next elections are going to be rough to say the least...

Meanwhile, everyone loses because no more pro-freedom legislation will be passed.

KD0FLC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    Ft. Worth, TX
    I disagree...

Too many straight party voters who won't vote blue.

I think Davis should he concentrating on a gubernatorial race, because I simply don't see voters in Tarrant county reelecting her.

itsawondertoo

Semper Fi! Don't make me use my knife hands!
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Katy, TX
    I believe her stunt will require her to run for a State post because she won't get re-elected in her district after this. She could conceivably go for Attorney General, Lt. Governor, or even Governor. Whatever office she goes for state-wide...you can bet that she will be getting out of state funds supporting her....

Bladed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Maybe this could light a fire under Governor Perry to add campus carry to the special session:

UT student abducted, assaulted near campus

Residents of Austin's West Campus neighborhood pay a premium to live close enough to the UT campus to walk to and from class. If they're disarmed in class, they're disarmed on that walk through West Campus, where this crime occurred. A CHL holder walking back from a late-night study session at the campus library would be just as defenseless as this poor woman was.

KD0FLC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    Ft. Worth, TX
    I believe her stunt will require her to run for a State post because she won't get re-elected in her district after this. She could conceivably go for Attorney General, Lt. Governor, or even Governor. Whatever office she goes for state-wide...you can bet that she will be getting out of state funds supporting her....

Her district IS one of the poorer districts...

Her office is across the street from where I work... I wonder if there are any protesters... I may bring them some lunch / water.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Politicians do things that they think will get them elected and the governor wants to move to Washington like GW did. Frankly, I'm weary of the two political parties using two things that shouldn't be political issues at all to get out the vote. If you don't want a gun, don't buy one and if you don't want an abortion, don't get one. We are supposed to live in a free country, but freedom isn't about making everyone think the same way you do, it's about living your life. Rant over!

Bladed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    998524_501711396564361_1083630525_n.jpg

Top Bottom