• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Koinonia

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    Tire cannot touch the knuckle, on an intermittent basis, unless the wheel bearing is coming apart. Yes, I said that already. I want to make sure it is understood as fact.
    Many vehicles have very limited clearance in that area. Very limited.

the shock body is probably what he is actually looking at. Worn components can cause that kind of contact. We need more info.

Shock body is behind the Knuckle.
    Texas SOT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Tire cannot touch the knuckle, on an intermittent basis, unless the wheel bearing is coming apart. Yes, I said that already. I want to make sure it is understood as fact.
    Many vehicles have very limited clearance in that area. Very limited.

the shock body is probably what he is actually looking at. Worn components can cause that kind of contact. We need more info.

Yes it can.

Wheel is flexing from damage.

Wheel is touching something bent.

A part was installed wrong.

The bearing isn't coming apart. If it was it roar loud with a hell of a grinding noise. Bearings and hubs are probably the strongest part of the suspension. Bearings on a metal stub shaft..... Car makers frown on wheels popping off their stuff.

Plus it's drum brakes (per the diagram). Imagine the mess it would make if the bearing lose its rollers? The wheel would be the last part to worry about. Things like brakes would be all jacked up. Drum rubbing everything it could.

If this isn't a common report problem on Mitizys of the same year... The suspected parts ain't common. Maybe have to come from the dealer.

Then I vote damage. Or parts not installed right.

Top Bottom