• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • S13

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2022
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    I honestly don't remember discussing Stalin in any K-12 class.

They did today in my son's 5th grade class.

Here is his worksheet.

He said the main takeaway for him was they discussed how Stalin killed more of his own citizens than Hitler.

tldr: my Son learned today in school that Stalin was a bad guy, even worse than Hitler in some cases.

I must say this Oklahoma public school isn't your normal public school.
    icon_smile.gif

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    World history , other than the Revolutionary War, was not a focus until 7th grade. Seems like US and State history were the center of study in K through 6.
    We did study/ know of the current leaders, Khrushchev and Brezhnev, as they were planning on dropping the bomb on us.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I don't think so. Can't remember for sure, but that was a long, long time ago. I don't think we got into world history until 6th grade. And seems like that was more about ancient European history. Sparta vs Athens, Charlemagne etc.

S13

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2022
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    World history , other than the Revolutionary War, was not a focus until 7th grade. Seems like US and State history were the center of study in K through 6.
    We did study/ know of the current leaders, Khrushchev and Brezhnev, as they were planning on dropping the bomb on us.

In 7th grade we also discussed the current leaders. I remember the teacher had on her wall big head pics of Carter, Brezhnev and Jianying with the word "Strongest?" underneath them.

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    Professors depend on public schools to teach kids how evil Hitler, Stalin, and Mao were. Otherwise their students will have trouble understanding their anti-conservative indoctrination that occurs in college (i.e., comparing Trump to Hitler and the threat to democracy).

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    Dad did hand drawn pics of the mother ****** on the cans we set up for back yard plinking when I was around 6.

One could draw several parallels between where the Soviets were in that time and where the central state is and is heading.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Went to school during the 90s. Never studied Stalin. I knew who he was but no real details

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    We did a detailed symbolism dig-in. May have just been our teacher, but she really inspired me an the others in the class to look honestly at Communism and despotism. i really did have a great public education K-12. Very blessed.

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    Did you read Animal Farm in highschool?
    The worst part of the story was the end when the farm animals were looking into the widows of Farmer Jones' place while the pigs were arguing with other farmers who foolishly chose to trade with them over a card game.

The young ones knew nothing other than what they had been told. The old one still alive wept and turned away.

From my perspective, Farmer Jones should have shot the ******* swine instead of abandoning the farm.

Top Bottom